• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Supreme Court upholds Arizona voting rules

Valwinz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

Some very good news today in Election security

Something similar will happen in other states States set the rules

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"But, but, the Mexicans and Blacks are too stupid to figure out how to get a proper ID and figure out how to cast their vote" ... - democrats (racists)
You clearly didn't read the facts of the case.

With regard to the ballot-collection rule, the case was about rural Native American voters who lack access to mail service. Only 18% of Native Americans in rural counties receive home mail delivery, compared to 86% of white voters living in those same counties. Native Americans in rural Arizona often must travel 45 minutes to 2 hours just to get to a mailbox. For these reasons, Native Americans are disproportionately affected by the ballot-collection rule.

If you aren't going to actually look at the case and are instead going to behave like a political shill who posts incorrect and irrelevant nonsense, why should anyone take you seriously?

Reactions: orangy57

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
"But, but, the Mexicans and Blacks are too stupid to figure out how to get a proper ID and figure out how to cast their vote" ... - democrats (racists)

only racist is the republicans (nazi wannabes)

Alright kiddies, this is some teaching we need here:
There are six types of people in America:

Far Right: Racist, hates gays, loves guns, votes STRICTLY REPUBLICAN, hates Democrats, debates everything, thinks they are high and mighty
Republican: Frankly very chill, occasionally switches voting candidates if the other party is better for the country, someone I could get along with, doesn't announce their opinion too proudly, up for casual debate, upholds the law, is considered a normal person.
Democrat: See 'Republican'
Far Left: Takes things too far, loves arguing with Far Right, proudly announces gayness, (in the case of a few) tries hard to pressure straight people into LGBT-ness
Green Party: Literally just a side party to switch to when your grandparents come over so they won't talk about politics.
Libertarian: Frankly kind of weird, but they have some good beliefs.

@JonhathonBaxster @murdersbane

Quit throwing Nazi and Racist at each other unless you want to be slapped in the pretty unacceptable "Far" categories.

You clearly didn't read the facts of the case.

With regard to the ballot-collection rule, the case was about rural Native American voters who lack access to mail service. Only 18% of Native Americans in rural counties receive home mail delivery, compared to 86% of white voters living in those same counties. Native Americans in rural Arizona often must travel 45 minutes to 2 hours just to get to a mailbox. For these reasons, Native Americans are disproportionately affected by the ballot-collection rule.

If you aren't going to actually look at the case and are instead going to behave like a political shill who posts incorrect and irrelevant nonsense, why should anyone take you seriously?

Seemingly, this is another attempt at voter suppression. By preventing another population from being able to vote with this ballot-collection law, this leaves even more power to whichever political party has the most macho in Arizona.

https://twitter.com/SCOTUSblog/status/1410599645420523525
Some very good news today in Election security

Something similar will happen in other states States set the rules

I wouldn't say very good unless you look closely. Sure, this completely prevents election fraud by looking in different zones, but what about those (like Lacius mentioned) who can't get mail in their zone? This suppresses those citizens from being able to pick their leader, which is in turn, suppression. Not exactly good, right?

nemwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a shocker it was the 6 justices that were appointed by Republican presidents that were the majority.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lots of angry people mad that they cant Harvest votes
Did you read my post? Did you read Kagan's dissent where she acknowledged that the Arizona Republicans could have kept the ballot-collection law but carved out an exception for rural Native Americans who depend on third party ballot collection (but they chose not to)?

The ruling was a bad one.

Last edited by Lacius,

Valwinz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Did you read my post? Did you read Kagan's dissent where she acknowledged that the Arizona Republicans could have kept the ballot-collection law but carved out an exception for rural Native Americans who depend on third-party ballot collection (but they chose not to)?

The ruling was a bad one.
It was not according to the highest court of the nation

D

Deleted User

It was not according to the highest court of the nation
So... with your logic, every ruling is correct... despite the fact that you know... Rulings have been repealed before?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I mean with this logic, that means Roe v. Wade is fine right? Or is it not fine?

D

Deleted User

Im sorry but no you cant harvest votes
I mean with this logic of "supreme court ruled it, so it must be correct"
that means Roe v. Wade is fine right? Or is it not fine?

Im sorry but no you cant harvest votes
... what? where's the logic in your response
What I said:"So... with your logic, every ruling is correct... despite the fact that you know... Rulings have been repealed before?"
This is a historical precedent that has happened before. Unless you know, your trying to tell me that Pace v. Alabama should of kept it's original ruling. you know. That you can't have a white person together with a person of color.

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
I mean with this logic of "supreme court ruled it, so it must be correct"
that means Roe v. Wade is fine right? Or is it not fine?

... what? where's the logic in your response
What I said:"So... with your logic, every ruling is correct... despite the fact that you know... Rulings have been repealed before?"
This is a historical precedent that has happened before. Unless you know, your trying to tell me that Pace v. Alabama should of kept it's original ruling. you know. That you can't have a white person together with a person of color.

Or that we should still have prohibition?

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
Alright kiddies, this is some teaching we need here:
There are six types of people in America:

Far Right: Racist, hates gays, loves guns, votes STRICTLY REPUBLICAN, hates Democrats, debates everything, thinks they are high and mighty
Republican: Frankly very chill, occasionally switches voting candidates if the other party is better for the country, someone I could get along with, doesn't announce their opinion too proudly, up for casual debate, upholds the law, is considered a normal person.
Democrat: See 'Republican'
Far Left: Takes things too far, loves arguing with Far Right, proudly announces gayness, (in the case of a few) tries hard to pressure straight people into LGBT-ness
Green Party: Literally just a side party to switch to when your grandparents come over so they won't talk about politics.
Libertarian: Frankly kind of weird, but they have some good beliefs.

@JonhathonBaxster @murdersbane

Quit throwing Nazi and Racist at each other unless you want to be slapped in the pretty unacceptable "Far" categories.

Seemingly, this is another attempt at voter suppression. By preventing another population from being able to vote with this ballot-collection law, this leaves even more power to whichever political party has the most macho in Arizona.

I wouldn't say very good unless you look closely. Sure, this completely prevents election fraud by looking in different zones, but what about those (like Lacius mentioned) who can't get mail in their zone? This suppresses those citizens from being able to pick their leader, which is in turn, suppression. Not exactly good, right?

If you don't get your ballot in the mail you can go in and vote. These laws don't interfere with early mail in voting or absentee ballots. Read the decisions by the Supreme Court Justices and familiarize yourself with mail in voting in Arizona and you'll see no one's vote is being suppressed as in the decision you'll see the Democrats couldn't provide a single ounce of evidence that was happening or had happened in the past. Voting isn't a complicated matter so I'm not sure why the Democrats are inferring that minorities can't handle it.

Last edited by Deleted member 559230,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need an ID* to vote**
*The kind of ID that disenfranchises Black voters, Hispanic voters, Native American voters, other minority voters, urban voters, transgender voters, student voters, and poor voters

**Depending on which state you live in

D

Deleted User

You need an ID to vote

and not all ID is acceptable, a school id? that can be counted as not enough. and even then, not all schools provide school IDs, or have the funding for it.Don't have enough money to get a state id?
Too bad so sad, can't vote, which is really garbage logic. Which for those born in poverty, they are fucked.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't get your ballot in the mail you can go in and vote. These laws don't interfere with early mail in voting or absentee ballots. Read the decisions by the Supreme Court Justices and familiarize yourself with mail in voting in Arizona and you'll see no one's vote is being suppressed as in the decision you'll see the Democrats couldn't provide a single ounce of evidence that was happening or had happened in the past. Voting isn't a complicated matter so I'm not sure why the Democrats are inferring that minorities can't handle it.
These laws absolutely mail-in voting and absentee voting. See my previous post, read the actual ruling, and stop being a hypocrite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup