Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For the last two weeks, few 3DS Flashcart users reported being banned from online access.
The error code 0002-0102 appeared whenever they tried to access friend list or play an online game.

Today, these users reported being able to access online features again.
This error code on Nintendo's website is listed either as an access point connection issue or asking users to contact them if still experiencing it.

No official information has been reported from Nintendo about this issue and a possible ban lift, but we would like to remind users that they are responsible of their action. Remember that piracy and hacking of any sort (unofficial hardware, software method to play region free, or cheat while playing online) can get you banned from their service if they decide to.
Be careful when you decide to go online and be prepared for whatever action taken by Nintendo.

Source: GBAtemp

Attachments

• banned.jpg
    banned.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 3,435

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The error page on nintendo website seems to be restored to the old access point issue.

while the users were banned, it was :
If you continue to experience this issue, please contact Nintendo by calling 1-800-255-3700. Representatives are available from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., Pacific Time, 7 days a week.
"if you continue" suggests that they are working on fixing the issue and you had to tell them if you still had it.

It's now back to
Error Code: 002-0102
The Nintendo 3DS is unable to connect to an Access Point.
Though, some users displayed two console connected to the same access point, one being banned and one working online, confirming that it wasn't an access point issue.

Edit:
The error page seems .. to change after each refresh!
is it a cache bug?

Attachments

• Nintendo - 002-0102_v1.png
    Nintendo - 002-0102_v1.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 984
  • Nintendo - 002-0102_v2.png
    Nintendo - 002-0102_v2.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 975

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Or... Maybe it wasn't a ban.. And just a legitimate problem with connecting?
It's possible it was only a random issue and it took them two weeks to fix.

One user said the representative person he called confirmed it as a ban because of the use of unauthorized material, and that nothing will be done to be unban.
The nintendo error page mention "if you continue to experience it", meaning it shouldn't happen.
Nintendo doesn't have a "banned console error code" page. If nintendo want to ban someone, it will have a proper ban code and description.

There's no proof it was a ban, except that user who called nintendo (I don't remember who did it, it's in the linked thread).

to me, if it was really a ban, we would had a looot more reports.
20 user is a strange number for a "ban-wave" considering the number of Sky3DS users.

I compiled what we know and what we don't here :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/error-code-002-0102-have-i-been-banned.380654/page-133#post-5356849

Edit:
I edited the title to be more accurate, as it's maybe not a ban and even less "unban".

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Cyan That's what I was thinking. It was too isolated to be a ban, at least for piracy. It's still a toss up, and I'd have liked to see what Nintendo had to say about it. That ONE call doesn't really mean much to me. There were Chinese users who had shown an email stating basically the same thing. However, the numbers were too few for me to be convinced.

Maybe I'm just skeptical.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, a lot of things have been tried.
Formating, downgrading, using a different emuNAND, changing Mac Addresses.

Not sure if someone tried to link a console using the same NNID from an affected console.

Reactions: 2Hack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I wonder if Shaft ever tips... +1