Gaming Supposed reasoning behind KH3 not coming to Wii U possibly being false.

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I have some news that Nintendo Kingdom hearts fans will find interesting. Couple days ago it was announced that the Kickstarter project candle would come to Wii U. Pretty normal right? Well the shader for the game uses Direct x11! You know, which was the 'reason' KH3 wasn't coming to Wii U? Square said it wasn't compatible with it! Now it appears that was false. What are your thoughts on this?
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_mDjTGj_M4
Official Kickstarter page:http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spaniardmike/candle-a-dyn...
Source: Players Essence

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this even need to be discussed/argued anymore at this point?

Kingdom Hearts 3 is being designed for the PS4 and Xbox One, two systems with roughly comparable hardware. The Wii U's hardware, however, is significantly different, which means that developing a Wii U version would add more difficulty and expenses to the process. The Wii U's sales are currently not enough to justify those extra costs, so there is no Wii U version, at least for the time being. If the Wii U's prospects change, I'm sure this game (or some other KH title) will make its way over.

It's not a conspiracy, there's no back room dealings or secret pacts driving this decision. It's just business, plain and simple.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Kingdom Hearts 3 is being designed for the PS4 and Xbox One, two systems with roughly comparable hardware. The Wii U's hardware, however, is significantly different, which means that developing a Wii U version would add more difficulty and expenses to the process. The Wii U's sales are currently not enough to justify those extra costs, so there is no Wii U version, at least for the time being. If the Wii U's prospects change, I'm sure this game (or some other KH title) will make its way over.

It's not a conspiracy, there's no back room dealings or secret pacts driving this decision. It's just business, plain and simple.
Thing is, we have no idea how the game is and what it requires. What we saw at E3 is not what we will get. Now, for some (I think) logical points:

- The WiiU userbase is small, but it'll grow by the time the game comes out.
- Kingdom Hearts games have been on Nintendo Handhelds, so there is a market for it, where as the Xbox One has none, and even the ReMix versions aren't coming for it.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, bullshit; like ShadowSoldier said, there is a fanbase for KH in Nintendo; releasing this on the U might bolster sales for it. It's the same thing as saying releasing this on the PS4 might bolster sales for that device. I guess we're just used to getting shovelware on Nintendo...

Reactions: the_randomizer

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, bullshit; like ShadowSoldier said, there is a fanbase for KH in Nintendo; releasing this on the U might bolster sales for it. It's the same thing as saying releasing this on the PS4 might bolster sales for that device. I guess we're just used to getting shovelware on Nintendo...

I'm not saying Gahars post is bullshit.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thing is, we have no idea how the game is and what it requires. What we saw at E3 is not what we will get. Now, for some (I think) logical points:

- The WiiU userbase is small, but it'll grow by the time the game comes out.
- Kingdom Hearts games have been on Nintendo Handhelds, so there is a market for it, where as the Xbox One has none, and even the ReMix versions aren't coming for it.

It doesn't really matter how the game is - no matter what, developing a Wii U port in conjunction with the PS4/One versions is going to take a pretty significant amount of time, effort, and money.

As for your two points...
1) It'll grow, sure, but by how much? Enough to justify the costs? Enough to make the venture worthwhile? At the rate it's selling at now, that doesn't appear to be the case, and while we could say that certain titles/events might cause a spike in sales, there's no certainty. Any Wii U port would be a gamble, essentially, and considering SE's recent financial woes, it's clear that they'd rather put their money in safer investments.
2) Just because a KH game has never appeared on an Xbox console doesn't mean that there's no market for it there. It just hasn't been catered to yet. I mean, going by that logic, there's no market for KH 3 on Wii U because a KH game has never appeared on a Nintendo home console.

As I said before, the PS4 and Xbox One are roughly comparable when it comes to hardware, which means it's much, much easier to develop between the two systems. Development of an Xbox One version is evidently cost effective enough to justify the risk.

Yeah, bullshit; like ShadowSoldier said, there is a fanbase for KH in Nintendo; releasing this on the U might bolster sales for it.

Why should they care? That's Nintendo's responsibility and Nintendo's alone. Square Enix has no responsibility, nor vested interest, in making sure the Wii U succeeds.

Square Enix's priority is to generate enough of a profit to keep itself afloat (as I said before, they're not doing so hot financially).

It's the same thing as saying releasing this on the PS4 might bolster sales for that device. I guess we're just used to getting shovelware on Nintendo...

SE has no interest in making sure the PS4 succeeds, either, so that's irrelevant.

This isn't a Nintendo exclusive phenemonen. If any gaming machine fails to sell, it's going to lose developer sort - whether it's made by Nintendo (like the Wii U) or Sony (The Vita) or anyone else (console history is littered with enough corpses to demonstrate this). If the PS4 or Xbox One fail to move units, they're going to be in the exact same boat.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't get it why people are crying about not having Kingdom Hearts. You're getting a much better gaem in Deus Ex: HR*.

*yeah I know it's a $50 enhanced port of a gaem released a few years ago.

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
I don't like KH but to me it is obvious why it skips the Wii U. SE is running low on money, an extra port costs extra time, they are STILL pissed over the GameCube thingy ten years ago, they already gave up on the console and probably get a big financial boost by MS/Sony to bring the game to their console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: