• Views 3,380
  • Replies 40

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not think so. I was under the assumption I could just boot right into gateway provided I had the SD side of things setup.
Is your Launcher.dat up to date?

normally when this sort of thing happens i just take out the cart and blow on it, even though this has been proven useless it still seems to work everytime.

D

Deleted User

OP
Is your Launcher.dat up to date?

normally when this sort of thing happens i just take out the cart and blow on it, even though this has been proven useless it still seems to work everytime.
This would be on the gateway's sd card. Is that correct?

McWhiters9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not think so. I was under the assumption I could just boot right into gateway provided I had the SD side of things setup.
download the latest release here -snip-
copy the launcher.dat onto your sd root.
hold the button you set as the gw boot and once you see a dragon on the top screen hold select and L
over over to the option that says format emunand and press A. press A again if prompted
insert your gateway cartridge into your 3ds and press a on the farthest option to the left.

if you already have tha cart in when you boot into gateway later it will completely skip the menu and boot up your emunand

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This would be on the gateway's sd card. Is that correct?
3ds root. the msd in the gateway cart it for roms cheats and the sort

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
download the latest release here -snip-
hold the button you set as the gw boot and once you see a dragon on the top screen hold select and L
over over to the option that says format emunand and press A. press A again if prompted
insert your gateway cartridge into your 3ds and press a on the farthest option to the left.

if you already have tha cart in when you boot into gateway later it will completely skip the menu and boot up your emunand

For confirmation.

I assume formatting emunand will also erase everything else. So I should backup the SD card. That would make sense. But would rather double check first since it is a good 20gb of stuff lol

McWhiters9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For confirmation.

I assume formatting emunand will also erase everything else. So I should backup the SD card. That would make sense. But would rather double check first since it is a good 20gb of stuff lol
it shouldn't actually format anything. it will create you emunand since one doesnt exist. the tool can be used in the future to re-create a fresh emunand copied from sysnand if you ever need to. backing up the sd card shouldn't be necessary but i recommend it just in case.

D

Deleted User

OP
it shouldn't actually format anything. it will create you emunand since one doesnt exist. the tool can be used in the future to use a fresh emunand copied from sysnand if you ever need to. backing up the sd card shouldn't be necessary but i recommend it just in case.
Noted thank you. For some reason after merging your file I can't seem to even get to the dragon anymore. (continuous loading from bootctr9) It is set to load GW.in while holding L

I copied the latest launcher.dat to the root of my system that was in the GW_ULTRA_3_7_2 folder.

would you like to see a screenshot of my SD cards since I assume I did something dumb? (it's a mess just a warning lol)

I really appreciate all of the help thus far.

McWhiters9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noted thank you. For some reason after merging your file I can't seem to even get to the dragon anymore. (continuous loading from bootctr9) It is set to load GW.in while holding L

I copied the latest launcher.dat to the root of my system that was in the GW_ULTRA_3_7_2 folder.

would you like to see a screenshot of my SD cards since I assume I did something dumb? (it's a mess just a warning lol)

I really appreciate all of the help thus far.
yea just send some ss

D

Deleted User

OP
yea just send some ss
I don't mind showing the inside of folders if need be. The inside of luma is the exact same as the one you shared with me. Nothing else
zTK7T0y.png

Had to switch to filezilla here. SD card reader didnt want to read my microSD card again
yCxB3oN.png

Bq4tBWe.png

The gateway only has gwtimemachine on it.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For confirmation.

@McWhiters9511 Creating an emuNAND partition via the Gateway menu will format your memory card. Be sure to make a backup.

D

Deleted User

OP
download the latest release here http://www.gateway-3ds.com/downloads/

Updated A9LH to the v2 version and am formatting emunand from gateway now. Hopefully this works. Going to merge my SD backup after this.

Hopefully this doesnt uninstall A9LH..

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The infinite black screen comes after I use the button combination of L+R+Select
Same for me.
I guess it's because I used a non-own friendcodeseed (you know, the shit for unban) because it's not from YOUR 3ds and gateway can't load it.

D

Deleted User

OP
Same for me.
I guess it's because I used a non-own friendcodeseed (you know, the shit for unban) because it's not from YOUR 3ds and gateway can't load it.
Yep thats exactly where I am again :/

The seed is my only guess as well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y