Support GBAtemp on Patreon - browse ad-free & more!

patreon_banner.png

We're always working behind the scenes every day at GBAtemp to make this community one of the best and largest independent gaming communities on the web and we intend to keep working to provide the community you love.

Just less than a week ago we launched one of our most ambitious additions to the site ever - the GBAtemp Game Center. However, in order to make these things happen and to be able to keep providing you with fresh editorial content and in order to conserve our freedom as an independent community, free from the reigns of a parent media conglomerate and to also pay for soaring bandwidth and server costs; we need your help.

2 and a half years ago we launched the GBAtemp Patreon to allow members to support us financially. In return for your generosity we provide a number of perks such as:-
  • Complete ad-free access on desktop and mobile ($5 tier and up)
  • Early access to new site features
  • Early access to new site skins (tempStyles)
  • Regular Patreon raffles
  • Merchandise give-aways
  • A customisable banner that adorns your posts and profile
  • A listing on the Patreon member page
  • That feeling that your supporting one of the longest running independent communities on the web - OVER 17 YEARS STRONG!
We have just enabled the latest GBAtemp skin - tempStyle 3 for patrons! Join today and partake in the beta!

no_ads.png

Join our Patreon today and browse AD-FREE
on mobile and desktop

In addition to your patreon exclusive perks (above) you'll also be supporting us to be able to:
  • Run the GBAtemp Homebrew Bounty
  • Extend news coverage
  • Attend media events
  • Keep making GBAtemp the best it can be for years to come...
Please visit our Patreon page below for further information or feel free to ask any questions below.

Whether you can contribute or not, thank you all for your continued support and being members of the GBAtemp community! :grog:

:arrow: GBAtemp on Patreon

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A BIG thank you and e-hug to our current Patreons :wub: (in random order of apperance :D)

Last edited by shaunj66,

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Gee Tempstyle 3 is on the way and I'm still waiting on the tempstyle 2 theme for dyslexic people like myself that was promised in the early days of tempstyle 2.

Temp staff please don't forget about us this time.
Wait, I’m almost certain there’s a dyslexic font option in the preferences tab :unsure: have you checked that?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wait, I’m almost certain there’s a dyslexic font option in the preferences tab :unsure: have you checked that?
There is and it helps a bit but black or white background does not really help. What would is a nice pastel background.

Research suggests that pastel backgrounds, increased line-spacing, font choice and paragraph justification all work together to make it easier for dyslexics to read.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is and it helps a bit but black or white background does not really help. What would is a nice pastel background.

Research suggests that pastel backgrounds, increased line-spacing, font choice and paragraph justification all work together to make it easier for dyslexics to read.
I'm keen to improve our dyslexic friendly options and will endeavour to add more options in the future. I've been on a couple courses at my job related to this field and have a few ideas. If you have any other thoughts I'd love to hear them in a private message with you.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm keen to improve our dyslexic friendly options and will endeavour to add more options in the future. I've been on a couple courses at my job related to this field and have a few ideas. If you have any other thoughts I'd love to hear them in a private message with you.
Thanks @shaunj66 if I think of anything else I will be in touch. But really all it would take is the current dyslexic font with tempstyle 2/3 that has a pastel background it would make a world of a difference.

Reactions: shaunj66

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Honestly the banner alone is worth it. Look at that bad boy. I just switched over to TempStyle 3 and it's looking pretty snazzy. I can't wait for a dark/black version.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This site takes payments, what about people who bring traffic, such as cheat codes.

I agree a site has costs, but when people bring you traffic from their spare time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn