Hacking Support For The Wiinja!!

Luminite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are bashing the Wiinja now that the Cyclowiz was announced. What they don't know is that the Cyclonwiz is essentially the same thing as the Wiinja, hell, its probably the same hex code slapped onto a PCB for looks. Yeah I know that there is a LED, but wow, I really need that. Both can support the "stealth" mode, but that doesn't really do anything that important. You can just make a "Stealth" switch yourself. The point is that, its all just subjective, and choosing either one is soley based upon your opinion, and ease of things.

People are also talking about updates rendering the Wiinja useless, but it won't because from what I remember, this is a DRIVE MOD. Meaning that is a Disc Drive modification, and has noting to do with the motherboard. Just like the drive mod for the Xbox 360. Secondly, I doubt Nintendo will have games run on specific firmwares cause not everyone has wireless access to the internet, and I doubt they will put updates on their discs because it will waste space on there precious little discs (You know they need all the space they can have) PLUS this is already done by Sony with the PSP, and is ONLY done by Sony. I don't see why they should mimick this.

The developers of these MODS are smart, thats why you are paying them.

They won't let their countless hours of hexing, to be proven useless, with a 20MB update by Nintendo. Im sure they thought of all of the possiblillities of thing hendering their business and work, before releasing it for us to criticize. They spent months on this project making and ensuring that it will work, we've spent about two days looking and poking fingers at its faults.

I SAY SUPPORT FOR TEAM NINJA, AND THE WIINJA!!

For all we know, they might hold it back for a few more weeks and make it region free, and upgradable. Who knows?!?!

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I think people are getting to excited here, Alot of people will go and rush to buy a wiinja or cyclowiz and will be kicking themselves when in a few months a much better chip will come along for the same price.

directive0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Talk about capsule drama, this shit has only been in public knowledge for maybe a week and people are already coming out of lurkerdom to make one post to defend a product NOBODY has recieved or tried or has any info about. HOLY CRAP. Get a grip people!

Luminite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people are getting to excited here, Alot of people will go and rush to buy a wiinja or cyclowiz and will be kicking themselves when in a few months a much better chip will come along for the same price.

Yeah, Im pretty sure that there are going to better chips, in the future, and for all we know, it might be Team Ninja that does its release with its Wiinja 2.0 packing 512MB extra NAND Memory onboard, with compatibilty for all Wii backups, and upgradable firmware!! It even has a seperate upgradable O/S!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My point is that, mod-chips, out of all things are always being tweaked, and made better every day. Everything is being upgraded. Think about it. If we keep waiting for something better and better. Something better and better will always come out. There is no BEST. Its all relative to the times. Its all business and propganda. People always want the best, but they don't know that there will always be a better. Take a look at cell-phones and cars.

As of now, there is only the Wiinja and the Cyclowiz. Take your pick.

Luminite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHO CARES IF THERE ARE GOING TO BE BETTER CHIPS?

Buy one now. Remove it later.

EXACTLY!! And I know most of us on here use mod chips to play pirated games. (Don't lie)

But my point is that instead of paying $50.00 USD, for ONE game I can get the Wiinja for about $50-$60 USD and I could just have support for 2 games and I will get my moneys worth. Im not saying it will only support two games, don't use that against me.

If a better one comes out, will just rip it out of my Wii and slap a new one in. Simple as that.

I didn't say I pirated games by the way..........*runs*

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
truth is, I'm all in favor of the whole buy one upgrade later etc, desoldering and soldering on those simple points isn't exactly time consuming or rocket science. My issue right now is I'd rather wait for the region options to play Japanese games and see how Nintendo reacts to the modchip first and to actually see the modchip in action when it's distributed.....that + the fact I have 4 games on the wii now and I haven't even had the time to open Zelda....there's just not enough good games on the Wii right now to jump head first into a modchip now. I'd advise patience in this situation, and I'm sure all the people that's had modchips in the past feel the same way...who knows, you can buy the modchip now and a day later the firmware on the drive is hacked...no telling where things go, smart thing is to wait.

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure if people have the money they would do it. That would be like buying a slot 2 DS solution and then literally the next day, a slot 1 is announced.

I expect the wait to be much longer for a chip that has all the bells and whistles.

The point is, you can have backups now. If you want the Wii Media Center W/ Linux and 500GB HDD you're not going to see it "literally the next day."

I suppose you've ordered one already?

Haha no, I'm going to finish Zelda first, since that's the only game I'd play even if I had a drivechip.

Luminite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Buy one now.  Remove it later.

I'm sure if people have the money they would do it. That would be like buying a slot 2 DS solution and then literally the next day, a slot 1 is announced.

You already saved $365 if you have a 512MB, you save $635 if you have a 1GB, and about $1365 if You have 2GB. Why can't you just fork out $45 -$50 dollars for an M3 Simply or a R4?

And since you have Slot 2, you can buy a Slot 1 to for added memory( i.e. 2gb w/slot 2 and 2gb w/slot1) and support for even more games, PLUS the use the Opera browser if you care to try, and all of this will can possibly save you about $4635.00

What are you complaining about.

directive0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Buy one now. Remove it later.

I suppose you DIDN'T order one. Your point.

uhhhh...yah...right
wtf.gif
I guess my point was, if he's so keen on advising people to buy one now and remove it later, it will go along way to support his argument if he himself followed his own advice. And he didn't....so uh... go me I guess?

*sigh* well this discussion just got totally pointless. I'm bailing on this one.

My advice here: Do whatever the hell you want, its your money. Let us know how it works out.

Luminite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Buy one now.  Remove it later.

I suppose you DIDN'T order one. Your point.

uhhhh...yah...right
wtf.gif

well this discussion just got totally pointless.

My advice here: Do whatever the hell you want, its your money. Don't try and influence others, its just bad karma.

I wasn't tryin' to influence anyone, and resulting in bad karma
wtf.gif
Its a matter of opinion and THATS my opinion. That people should stop talkin' sh*t they don't even know about the Wiinja or the Cyclowiz. You should only open your flapper and spit if you already have them. Don't waste time on speculation. It is what is is. That was the POINT of my disscussion.

See a POINT now?
wink.gif

Movin' on.

Luminite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
uhhhh...yah...rightÂ
wtf.gif
 I guess my point was, if he's so keen on advising people to buy one now and remove it later, it will go along way to support his argument if he himself followed his own advice. And he didn't....so uh... go me I guess?

*sigh* well this discussion just got totally pointless. I'm bailing on this one.

My advice here: Do whatever the hell you want, its your money. Let us know how it works out.

Nice job makin' use of the ol' EDIT button buddy. Who says I wasn't supportin' "Buy one now, and remove it later" Geezz now your makin' it sound like we are buying some condoms or something.

But if you must know that wasn't my point from the start, it was to get people to support Team Ninja. That was all. After reading all those post, my opinion was altered, and modified, but still has the same base in which it was concieved.

Make whats pointless, a point.

If it was truly pointless, then you wouldn't be replying or editing.

Thats the POINT.

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
and I doubt they will put updates on their discs because it will waste space on there precious little discs (You know they need all the space they can have)
No they don't. I bet there isn't a single Wii game right now that use a ful 4,3 gig of space. And a firmware update is pretty small, not even worth mentioning. Then again, desn't mean they will go that way but it's worth thinking about the implications.
QUOTE said:
The developers of these MODS are smart, thats why you are paying them.
True.
QUOTE said:
They won't let their countless hours of hexing, to be proven useless, with a 20MB update by Nintendo. Im sure they thought of all of the possiblillities of thing hendering their business and work, before releasing it for us to criticize.
The thing is even Nintendo didnt think of all the possibilities, look at it now, wii modchip are apearing. So nothing prevents the opposite to happen, Nintendo could find a way down the line to render those first generation chip useless.
I SAY SUPPORT FOR TEAM NINJA, AND THE WIINJA!!
This is a pretty bad way of thinking as of now. both chips are nearing release soon. The sane way to go right now is to wait a week and read on the first reports on both chips to make a better buying decision. Right now, you're rooting for air.

Chiisuchianu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i support wiinja, they deserve it. first to the market, gota support otherwise everyone will be reluctant to be first in the future!

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i support wiinja, they deserve it. first to the market, gota support otherwise everyone will be reluctant to be first in the future!
Trust me, supporting those that are first is NOT always a good idea. I'm sure owners of the original NeoFlash package would agree.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn