Homebrew WIP SuperTuxKart port for the Nintendo Switch

Worldblender

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another free/open-source game, SuperTuxKart, has gained homebrew support for a console, the Nintendo Switch! :yayswitch: Note that I didn't work on any of this porting, although I sometimes contribute code to this game.

Pull request describing things in more detail :arrow:: https://github.com/supertuxkart/stk-code/pull/4491
The build recipes can be found at https://github.com/supertuxkart/stk-code/tree/master/switch

As this support was merged only two days ago, this port must be compiled. There are no released versions of STK yet that have Nintendo Switch support.

Update: I now have a link to a precompiled build of STK specifically for the Nintendo Switch (it counts as a git version, after 1.2) (I wasn't the one who compiled this build) :download:: https://mega.nz/file/ZVARBCwD#VkJ0iBGzn8owI92TS488hrdWwsPSX0EgqTwUTVmIaj8
108569928-ca747980-72da-11eb-806d-b1ee905ef956.jpg

Last edited by Worldblender,

Worldblender

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great!
Is there any .nro file to play?
Not yet, Though I could compile one, I prefer to wait until the next release 1.3 for this compilation job. Doing a compilation before release means that I will have to do frequent recompilations, which can become too much for me. None of the released versions so far, including 1.2, have Nintendo Switch support. Keep in mind that this change is very recent, only having been merged upstream this month.

Upon compilation, the app icon will look like:
supertuxkart_256.jpg

Reactions: lordelan

Worldblender

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated the first and topmost post of mine with a link to a precompiled STK build for the Nintendo Switch. Compiling no longer required, at least until the next release. Go back to the top to find a mega.nz link for this build.

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated the first and topmost post of mine with a link to a precompiled STK build for the Nintendo Switch. Compiling no longer required, at least until the next release. Go back to the top to find a mega.nz link for this build.

How do I enter a challenge in Story Mode?

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the original PC version, the key that is used to use items (Space by default). Whatever key is binded to use items is used to open challenges in story mode.
I'm using the same button to enter the tutorial in story mode, and to fire bowling balls, to try to enter a challenge, and it won't let me.

Must be a bug.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Worldblender

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Worldblender Can you make it that controls are like in Mario Kart if that's not the case yet?
A - gas/drive
B - break
R - drift
L - items
While I sometimes contribute code to SuperTuxKart, none of it relates to the Nintendo Switch port. Hence I won't be of much help here; you're better off asking the users(s) that do work on it.

• Love
Reactions: lordelan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I call the one with big tiddies