Hacking Question SuperNag got me... What should I do now?

jason748

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I was spamming "A" and fell victim to the SuperNag.

Now I'm part of the 5.1 club. The annoying SuperNag got me and I accidentally hit the update button. I don't know if I should be happy or sad right now that I lost 4.1.0 stock firmware. I guess the plus side is that I can finally play games larger than 4GB since I can use exFAT now.

No idea how it updated when I was on Airplane mode with my Wifi settings already deleted... sigh

Does anyone here know if the SuperNag issue will be gone forever now that I accidentally updated to 5.1? Like if a new update higher than 5.1 comes, will the SuperNag return? I'm so scared to accidentally update again if SuperNag returns.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I was spamming "A" and fell victim to the SuperNag.

Now I'm part of the 5.1 club. The annoying SuperNag got me and I accidentally hit the update button. I don't know if I should be happy or sad right now that I lost 4.1.0 stock firmware. I guess the plus side is that I can finally play games larger than 4GB since I can use exFAT now.

No idea how it updated when I was on Airplane mode with my Wifi settings already deleted... sigh

Does anyone here know if the SuperNag issue will be gone forever now that I accidentally updated to 5.1? Like if a new update higher than 5.1 comes, will the SuperNag return? I'm so scared to accidentally update again if SuperNag returns.
Super nag on airplane mode? And you updated using legit game cart?

jason748

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Super nag on airplane mode? And you updated using legit game cart?

Yup, I got the Super Nag while I was on airplane mode without being connected to wifi (already deleted my wifi settings), I was also on SXOS when this happened. The only reason I connected to wifi when I first got my switch was because I thought wifi was necessary to use joycons wirelessly, I didn't know there was bluetooth for joycons. I'm thinking Nintendo must of somehow logged and saved the update within the system when I connected to wifi for the first time, so even when I deleted my wifi settings and was on airplane mode, it still updated when I accidentally clicked it.

EDIT: Also i'm not sure what you mean by legit game cart. I don't have a single legit purchased game. I was trying to launch an xci file of ARMS but I clicked update by accident when the SuperNag popped up

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Run Gag order to remove the super update nag

Do you know if this is still necessary for me to use anymore now that I'm already on 5.1? I don't get the Supernag notification anymore but im just scared it will return in the future.

Last edited by jason748,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know if this is still necessary for me to use anymore now that I'm already on 5.1? I don't get the Supernag notification anymore but im just scared it will return in the future.
Depends on what the next firmware update introduces. I remember when 5.1 first came out it broke the homebrew menu everyone had been using so people were advised not to update. Another example is the 3DS and 11.8 which reportedly broke Luma. Although the fixes for both were relatively simple and implemented rather quickly, its not always a good idea to immediately update when a new system firmware comes out.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe booting via Hekate will bypass the fuse burn.
Doesn't negate the fact that the fuses burned, and would need hekate now forever because it can't boot with stock loader.

Not that it matters, who fucking cares. Stay on 5.1.0, no need for running lower firmware.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally updated from 3.0 to 3.0.1 I didn't know the SMO cart was in the switch and I was spamming the button drunk at 2 am last night. Oh well, I'll still get warmboot eventually....

And also coldboot vía savegame exploit if one day is found and released.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So....what exactly is this SuperNag?
The normal update nag occurs when your console has downloaded a system update and tells you to install it ASAP. The super update nag is when the console connects to the Internet which triggers a flag letting the console know its not on the latest firmware. Then whenever you try to use anything that uses online functionality, the system will remind you there's an update for the firmware. And what makes this update even more annoying is that it can't be removed like the normal nag by going into maintenance mode. We have to hack the console to remove it.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because they are already burnt from OFW update. Going back down won't solve much.
I don't understand. The whole point of choidujour is to update your console without burning fuses and utilize autorcm to prevent stepping into official horizon. By returning to your former firmware, no fuses should be burned.

Reactions: Zumoly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol