1. 3,726

Front-page
    header (1).jpg

There's more Superhot on the way, as Superhot: Mind Control Delete is ready to leave early access and launch as a full game. Having been in development since 2017, Superhot: Mind Control Delete is "four times larger" than the original game, and exists as a standalone DLC, which will be available free to those that purchased the first game on Steam, Origin, GOG, Epic, Xbox One, or PlayStation. The new content takes the foundation that those that have played Superhot should be familiar with--time only moves when you do--while adding in new mechanics, skills, enemies, and weapons. While no Nintendo Switch version of Mind Control Delete has been confirmed, the development team says if any players who purchased Superhot for the Switch would like to play it on PC, they'll be able to obtain a DRM-free copy of Mind Control Delete for no charge, as a bonus. It launches for the aforementioned platforms on July 16th.

:arrow: Source

2. Discussion (34 replies)

3. BlastedGuy9905

BlastedGuy9905 where's the updated autopsy report

United States
    Will this be playable in VR?

Charli, m_babble, krakenx and 2 others like this.
  4. Issac

Issac I
    Supervisor

Sweden
    Woah, that's nice!! :) And for free too? They could've easily made a lot of money if the charged even just a tiny amount for it :o

StrayGuitarist and Silent_Gunner like this.
  5. shaunj66

shaunj66 GBAtemp Administrator
    Administrator

United Kingdom
    NO VR? That's nooo good!

Seriously, Superhot is one of the best and highest rated VR games. What a shame

Charli, gnmmarechal, m_babble and 3 others like this.
  6. jt_1258

jt_1258 Stuck

United States
    Super...Hotter, Super...Hotter

More super hot is always a good thing.

7. Chary

OP Chary Please read the OP
    Senior Editor

United States
    No VR no buy, sorry. Superhot VR was just too good.

Charli, Hells Malice, Seriel and 6 others like this.
  8. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    I've had the game in my Steam library all this time and still haven't played it...the VR version comes with the regular game, right?

Still, I might wait until I get out of debt to buy an Index. Or are those not the best compared to the other VR options out there, if cost isn't a factor?

9. MiiJack

MiiJack GBAtemp Regular

Madagascar
    What about those who got it for free?

10. relauby

relauby Reviewer
    Reviewer

Canada
    According to the FAQ, it only applies to people who bought it. If you got it through Games for Gold or Twitch Prime Giveaway or something, you're not eligible for the free copy.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  11. TheCasualties

TheCasualties Just trying to be helpful

Netherlands
    Woo finally! Only took 3[?] years of patiently waiting.

Hopefully now that they are finishing MCD, they will work on more VR content.

Pretty sure SuperHot and SuperHot VR are still separate purchases. I think you can buy them as a bundle though.

Index is definitely still the best. I really like my Odyssey+ headset though. No external sensor stuff to set up, so I can take my laptop and VR setup to other people's houses or on long trips. (And it's not owned by Facebook like Oculus is!)

Edit: I wonder how they confirm someone bought the game on switch? I guess you'd email them and then they check with Nintendo, then give you a PC version of MCD.

Last edited by TheCasualties, Jul 9, 2020
  12. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--

Germany
    I only have the vr version on PS4, so I guess "I get nothing"? :(

13. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    Superhot VR came well after the original release, so it wouldn't surprise me if they add VR compatibility to this down the line. Regardless, I'm sure as hell not gonna complain about free. :yay:

14. jt_1258

jt_1258 Stuck

United States
    given what people are saying was super hot vr all that much of a god tier game compared to the original game?

15. Xzi

United States
    The mechanics are a perfect fit for VR for sure, so it was an awesome experience...but very short. Even shorter than the base game, which itself isn't all that time consuming either.

16. MetoMeto

MetoMeto GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    Oh cool, the game is really good and now it has a second game. Cool is all i can say!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

it has more fun time than any long game, which is what really counts imo.

17. Xzi

United States
    Not sure if you're referring to Superhot or Superhot VR. Either way though, saying it's more fun than any other shooter of any length is taking things a bit too far IMO. I'd definitely put it somewhere in my top twenty, but there are so many all-time greats to take into consideration when it comes to FPS and shooters.

Last edited by Xzi, Jul 9, 2020
  18. jt_1258

jt_1258 Stuck

United States
    so it boiled down to a short level pack that accommodates vr more. I'm happy enough just getting more levels. I don't get why people seem to actively hate it outside of the headset when it's a fun game in it's own right

19. MetoMeto

MetoMeto GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    i was trying to make an impression and a point, not that its literally better than any other games. I wanted to say that even if a game is short, its super fun and it doesnt feel short or like time is wasted, unlike some other longer games.

As for long games, half life 2 was really long and it was really good.

Xzi likes this.
  20. Xzi

United States
    I don't think anyone actually HATES the base game, but VR does add quite a bit to the experience. Physically ducking bullets and throwing shoes/knives/punches is a hell of a good time. Superhot VR also tells a different side/half of the story from Superhot, so that made it pretty interesting.

Hopefully they do some more VR stuff down the line, or add it as a part of this DLC, but considering most people will be receiving this for free, I suppose beggars can't be choosers.

21. jt_1258

jt_1258 Stuck

United States
    the reason I said hate is because some are just outright refusing to buy it just cause it's not vr...

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Superhot, launches, original