Superhot: Mind Control Delete launches this month, will be free for owners of the original game

header (1).jpg

There's more Superhot on the way, as Superhot: Mind Control Delete is ready to leave early access and launch as a full game. Having been in development since 2017, Superhot: Mind Control Delete is "four times larger" than the original game, and exists as a standalone DLC, which will be available free to those that purchased the first game on Steam, Origin, GOG, Epic, Xbox One, or PlayStation. The new content takes the foundation that those that have played Superhot should be familiar with--time only moves when you do--while adding in new mechanics, skills, enemies, and weapons. While no Nintendo Switch version of Mind Control Delete has been confirmed, the development team says if any players who purchased Superhot for the Switch would like to play it on PC, they'll be able to obtain a DRM-free copy of Mind Control Delete for no charge, as a bonus. It launches for the aforementioned platforms on July 16th.

:arrow: Source

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No VR no buy, sorry. Superhot VR was just too good.

I've had the game in my Steam library all this time and still haven't played it...the VR version comes with the regular game, right?

Still, I might wait until I get out of debt to buy an Index. Or are those not the best compared to the other VR options out there, if cost isn't a factor?

TheCasualties

Just trying to be helpful
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Woo finally! Only took 3[?] years of patiently waiting.

Hopefully now that they are finishing MCD, they will work on more VR content.

I've had the game in my Steam library all this time and still haven't played it...the VR version comes with the regular game, right?

Still, I might wait until I get out of debt to buy an Index. Or are those not the best compared to the other VR options out there, if cost isn't a factor?
Pretty sure SuperHot and SuperHot VR are still separate purchases. I think you can buy them as a bundle though.

Index is definitely still the best. I really like my Odyssey+ headset though. No external sensor stuff to set up, so I can take my laptop and VR setup to other people's houses or on long trips. (And it's not owned by Facebook like Oculus is!)

Edit: I wonder how they confirm someone bought the game on switch? I guess you'd email them and then they check with Nintendo, then give you a PC version of MCD.

Last edited by TheCasualties,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
given what people are saying was super hot vr all that much of a god tier game compared to the original game?

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Oh cool, the game is really good and now it has a second game. Cool is all i can say!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The mechanics are a perfect fit for VR for sure, so it was an awesome experience...but very short. Even shorter than the base game, which itself isn't all that time consuming either.
it has more fun time than any long game, which is what really counts imo.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
it has more fun time than any long game, which is what really counts imo.
Not sure if you're referring to Superhot or Superhot VR. Either way though, saying it's more fun than any other shooter of any length is taking things a bit too far IMO. I'd definitely put it somewhere in my top twenty, but there are so many all-time greats to take into consideration when it comes to FPS and shooters.

Last edited by Xzi,

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The mechanics are a perfect fit for VR for sure, so it was an awesome experience...but very short. Even shorter than the base game, which itself isn't all that time consuming either.
so it boiled down to a short level pack that accommodates vr more. I'm happy enough just getting more levels. I don't get why people seem to actively hate it outside of the headset when it's a fun game in it's own right

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Not sure if you're referring to Superhot or Superhot VR. Either way though, saying it's more fun than any other shooter of any length is taking things a bit too far IMO. I'd definitely put it somewhere in my top twenty, but there are so many all-time greats to take into consideration when it comes to FPS and shooters.
i was trying to make an impression and a point, not that its literally better than any other games. I wanted to say that even if a game is short, its super fun and it doesnt feel short or like time is wasted, unlike some other longer games.

As for long games, half life 2 was really long and it was really good.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
so it boiled down to a short level pack that accommodates vr more. I'm happy enough just getting more levels. I don't get why people seem to actively hate it outside of the headset when it's a fun game in it's own right
I don't think anyone actually HATES the base game, but VR does add quite a bit to the experience. Physically ducking bullets and throwing shoes/knives/punches is a hell of a good time. Superhot VR also tells a different side/half of the story from Superhot, so that made it pretty interesting.

Hopefully they do some more VR stuff down the line, or add it as a part of this DLC, but considering most people will be receiving this for free, I suppose beggars can't be choosers.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think anyone actually HATES the base game, but VR does add quite a bit to the experience. Physically ducking bullets and throwing shoes/knives/punches is a hell of a good time. Superhot VR also tells a different side/half of the story from Superhot, so that made it pretty interesting.

Hopefully they do some more VR stuff down the line, or add it as a part of this DLC, but considering most people will be receiving this for free, I suppose beggars can't be choosers.
the reason I said hate is because some are just outright refusing to buy it just cause it's not vr...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1