OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello!

I'm dumping some GameCube games mainly to play them on emulator on PC...
And the problem I've got is that the program "SuperDump 1.3" completes on 99% while I want them to be 100% and complete for sure...

I've read that cIOS38 rev14 could be the cause to this, but I've tried both rev13 and rev13b, but none works. I also read here on gbatemp
that a modchip could be the reason to this, and I've got a WiiKey, but I dont know if thats the reason.

Thanks

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
if I'm not mistaken, it will show 99% and stop but it actually reached 100%
so what u can do is, wait a couple of minutes after it reaches 99% then u can get your dump
smile.gif

Toonne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi! Thanks, but that dosnt seems to work, I forgot it on like an hour and still dosnt get same
checksum as on redump.org, what can I try?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've not used SuperDump (great name BTW) but it might be that the image is getting scrubbed automatically (basically only the valid data is copied and the garbage filler data is ignored for a faster rip). I would dump the image again and see if the CRCs from the two dumps match. If they do then you should be fine.

On a side note GC emulation on PC isn't all too great so you will probably want to just play them on your Wii with a mod (hard or soft) or invest in a GC and XenoGC.
wink.gif

Toonne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've read that SuperDump should give you a 1:1 dump or something like that.

I'll dump a game again to see if get same crc on them.

I know that GC emulation is not very good yet, but the games I've tried so far works very good actually
smile.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Use cIOS rev13a (b is probably also good). cIOS rev14 is the worst choice for dumping, it can't read the last sectors of the first layer of a disc (that's why it says 99%), and Dual-Layer Support is broken.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
i had the same problem before, some games dump 100% but some wii sports for instance gets to 99% then fails i've tried it on rev 13 13b and 14,

i might downgrade cios249 to rev7 or 8, i've always thought they were the best,

BenieUK

Trophies
XP
Country
I use SuperDump all the time without problems, i have wiikey2 installed and Rev10 as 14 gave errors with DL games.. the author (Tueidj) said it always only says 99% but is infact 100% if it completes with out any error.

I have ripped many games with this software to 99% but stating complete and checked them and they 100% dumped correct, if you are getting 99% and complete without any errors then it should be fine, if not it seems you have one of the few mod-chips which cant read to the very end of the disc and you just end up with junk on the end.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
As stated, rev14 causes this problem. It won't dump your disk fully and it won'y work.

It's annoying but use rev13 for now.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Fishaman P said:
rev14 worked fine for me.

Also, don't dump Gamecube games in 1 full run, do it in 2 instead.
This thread is 6 months old, and a lot of cIOS revisions have been released in the meanwhile.

Please notice the previous post's date, before bumping a thread next time, thanks
wink.gif

I'm closing this to avoid further bumps, mainly because this problem was probably caused by rev14, which is now obsolete.

If someone still has this problem, feel free to open a new thread. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: