Hacking Supercard updates the firmware to 1.20 enabling the use of DSTwo with 6.0

Pender666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
On their forum a member says:
If you dont have another console to update the ds2 on, you will have to update it by
- putting the new firmware on the sd
- Leave on error screen for 3-5 minutes.
- take sd out and delete firmware file
- try the ds2 in 3ds console.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 431unknown

YueFairchild

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mirrored on Filetrip: http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-supercard-dstwo-firmware-120-f32074.html

Firmware updating is the same as always. If you were smart and did not update your 3DS firmware yet, you can use the normal update method. If you did update and now your DSTWO doesn't work and you only have a 3DS, you'll have to use the dstwoupdateb method.

Instructions for updating are and always have been in the beginner's guide, just look for the *Important

Ah, that's my fault! I seemed to think the updateb file was a separate one, not just a renamed file. My apologies for being stupid! Thank you!

maharito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirming that the patch works with a US 3DS, so there haven't been any silent updates in the 24 hours or so since the English-speaking world discovered the release.

This all makes me wonder...does Nintendo just sit on convenient but trivial and market-irrelevant software improvements, just so they can release them concurrently with a patch to counter whatever flashcarts are irritating them at the time?

(Also, learned about the Gateway 3DS from this thread...wow, a new chapter unfolds. Of course, I'll be waiting for the SUPERCARD version. Those guys are pros.)

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This all makes me wonder...does Nintendo just sit on convenient but trivial and market-irrelevant software improvements, just so they can release them concurrently with a patch to counter whatever flashcarts are irritating them at the time?

That has been the focus of many/most of the 3DS updates Nintendo has forced upon users (by not allowing eshop or online play on at least high profile games without updating).

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm paranoid that every update is going to be "that time" when the DSTWO goes out like the Acekard but the Supercard team never disappoints.

Still not updating because of apparent Mii plaza crashes though.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm paranoid that every update is going to be "that time" when the DSTWO goes out like the Acekard but the Supercard team never disappoints.

Well to be fair we had warning signs for the AK2i, like when they had to resort to compression to fit everything (thus the ass-long loading times in the last few updates).

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

DSTwo can use the MicroSD for extra rom data so they will never have a full card issue

the Mii Plaza crash is not a firmware issue, its the nintendo server issue, fixed tomorrow when the files go live on on the e-shop server i bet :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup