Hacking Supercard Team have finally realised...

quartercast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
yeh but who the hell would want an old tech sd based card dressed up in more modern sd-micro (transflash) clothing ???

how much is that gonna piss you off when you want to play POR or the first Vania, Tony Hawks ect... and the damn thing is too slow to handle it.... it's a complete waste of time... someone call Dr.Who and his Tardis a breach of the space time continium has occured.

Cyclo has lost a lot of credability in my eyes.

Sorry... you are making absolutely no sense whatsoever! The CycloDS Micro is based on the SC Lite (which itself is microSD based). As for CycloDS Mini and others, they are based on the SC analogues too. Finally, the CycloDS Evo is a completely original new product... I really have no idea what you are bitching about, I suspect you dont' either!

usually it's kind of a good idea (and maybe even polite) to look at the whole thread before posting, as I suspect you have't looked at the link already provided properly ... http://eng.supercard.cn/fake_cyclo.htm here it is in case you feel like looking at information before posting next time

we all know what cart we are talking about, no need for the pedantics

Have a look at the original poster, you dipstick!

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
yeh but who the hell would want an old tech sd based card dressed up in more modern sd-micro (transflash) clothing ???

how much is that gonna piss you off when you want to play POR or the first Vania, Tony Hawks ect... and the damn thing is too slow to handle it.... it's a complete waste of time... someone call Dr.Who and his Tardis a breach of the space time continium has occured.

Cyclo has lost a lot of credability in my eyes.

Sorry... you are making absolutely no sense whatsoever! The CycloDS Micro is based on the SC Lite (which itself is microSD based). As for CycloDS Mini and others, they are based on the SC analogues too. Finally, the CycloDS Evo is a completely original new product... I really have no idea what you are bitching about, I suspect you dont' either!

usually it's kind of a good idea (and maybe even polite) to look at the whole thread before posting, as I suspect you have't looked at the link already provided properly ... http://eng.supercard.cn/fake_cyclo.htm here it is in case you feel like looking at information before posting next time

we all know what cart we are talking about, no need for the pedantics

Have a look at the original poster, you dipstick!

I can look at the original post all you like... what is it you want me to look at ? please explain you're point ? Or maybe you would like just like to get personal ?? about i'm not sure what

xtnod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lets jsut clear this up... ITS A FACT! What fact you ask?

The SC team is not satisfied how their slot-1 is doing verus the cycloEVO... and what better to do than to trash down a their name to kill off sales...

AND YES! mayeb the cyclo did copy it here and there, but it is not a fake... it works does it not? It saves fine does it not? To me it's another card similar to another, not a fake. If it was a fake... it'll FREAKEN be like the R4DS ones with no SD slot now that would be a fake...

Like I've said before and I'll say it again, I DON'T OWN A CYCLODS EVO, anyone that has a sense of mind or even a brain can see that SC team is jealous of how the CYCLODS EVO is doign so well compared to their own SLOT-1.

NOW AGAIN if they knew this...(pretty sure they did) WHY? Would they wait until NOW to bring it up... AND then you have your answer:

Plainly and simply the cycloDS EVO is dominating the SLOT-1 market.

And since they can't downput the EVO since it can't be a clone(better than the SC) they hit the next target closes to the Cyclops Team name.

quartercast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Geez... I don't know why I started this thread, it seems to have turned into a magnet for illiterate imbeciles. We're talking Slot-2 here people! SLOT-2!!!!
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that the Slot-2 Cyclos are any good anyway,

Well, the slot 2 Cyclos are just as good as the slot 2 Supercards.

If I were a flash cart developer, and I was going to make a clone of a cart, I would at least make a clone of a good cart. Like the G6, M3, EZ, surely not the Supercard. So I just don't see why TeamCyclops did this.

Well, at least they made up for it with their new slot 1.

Geez... I don't know why I started this thread, it seems to have turned into a magnet for illiterate imbeciles. We're talking Slot-2 here people! SLOT-2!!!!Â
wacko.gif
Â
wacko.gif
Â
wacko.gif

And you...are just straight up funny. I like the way you flame these "illiterate imbeciles".

quartercast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Oh really? I got plenty more where that came from!

As for SC Lite.. is it really that bad? It can't be much worse than my M3 Lite: it's expensive, its GUI is dated and lacks touchscreen support, and worst of all, the badly designed PCB stops my M3 from fitting in slot-2 properly (actually scrapes the console pins). I don't own an SC lite, but from what I can see it still gets updates and is CHEAP! I have heard that the EZ4 has the best GBA support of all slot-2 solutions though.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well personally, I think the G6 Lite has the best GBA compatibility out of all the slot 2's. But I guess the EZ IV is right up there with it. I've only played a handful of GBA games on it, but they all performed beautifully. My girl has one, but I think I'm going to pick one up for myself.

But anyways, I've always been told that the M3's were great. I can't believe you're having such trouble with it.

So if you are going to get a new slot 2, and want it cheap, I would go with the EZ IV Lite Deluxe(not Compact). Or even the 3in1. The slot 2 Supercards have horrible Gba compatibility. A couple of my friends are always bitching about their SC Lites.

quartercast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely stay away from the SC Lite! I hear the CycloDS Micro is an improved version of the SC Lite... question is, how much? And is it enough? Personally I'm tending towards the EZ IV Lite Deluxe, I can get it cheap from bamboogaming.com!

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, bamboogaming is where I'm thinking of getting mine too. With shipping, it comes out to around $53. So I'm going to order my own soon.

As for the CycloDS Micro, I"m not sure how much better it is than the SC Lite. I think I would just stick with the EZ IV. At least with that you know you're getting a great product.

quartercast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Weren't team cyclops adding some CycloDS-specific features into a future version of the Evo firmware? I might have to buy both a CycloDS and a EZF IV!
laugh.gif

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Wow, lot's of retards calling other people imbeciles in this thread.

Supercards definitly are a fine line of flash carts, anyone claiming something else needs a serious reality check. Just think about how long these products are on the market and how long they have been supported by the manufacturer. As a matter of fact, just recently there was an update released to make Zelda playable. Also over different updates (original Supercard CF -> Supercard SD -> Supercard Micro -> Supercard Lite) old versions still were supported, Supercard CF even was made as GBA-only Flash cartridge in the beginning. Can anyone here name any other brand of flash carts getting the same support from its manufacturer?

Cyclo DS on the other hand stole the Supercard design just to make a quick buck to release the 'Cyclo Evolution' afterwards. What can you expect from a manufacturer with such ethics? While the 'Cyclo DS Evolution' certainly is an outstanding product I highly doubt that it'll be supported as long as the Supercard line of products. I bet that once enough units have been sold there'll be either a 100% incompatible successing product or the company will quietly change its name and market a new flash cart under a new label. Either way, Cyclo DS Evolution users surely will face a lot of problems in the foreseeable future, IMHO.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Geez... I don't know why I started this thread, it seems to have turned into a magnet for illiterate imbeciles. We're talking Slot-2 here people! SLOT-2!!!!Â
wacko.gif
Â
wacko.gif
Â
wacko.gif

Yes, and xtnod is saying SuperCard is only making a problem out of it now, because of how well the slot 1 is doing.
It's obvious that CycloDS Slot2 is a Supercard Slot2 clone. But it's also obvious that the SuperCard team didn't make a problem out of it until the same team made an interesting slot 1 card.

Weren't team cyclops adding some CycloDS-specific features into a future version of the Evo firmware? I might have to buy both a CycloDS and a EZF IV!
laugh.gif
Well, it was something with using it to play GBA games without patching or something. But since it already plays GBA games on it's own and the compatibility isn't that good, I wouldn't get to excited about it.

quartercast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
wacko.gif
Â
wacko.gif
Â
wacko.gif

Yes, and xtnod is saying SuperCard is only making a problem out of it now, because of how well the slot 1 is doing.
It's obvious that CycloDS Slot2 is a Supercard Slot2 clone. But it's also obvious that the SuperCard team didn't make a problem out of it until the same team made an interesting slot 1 card.

laugh.gif
Well, it was something with using it to play GBA games without patching or something. But since it already plays GBA games on it's own and the compatibility isn't that good, I wouldn't get to excited about it.

I agree xtnod has an interesting theory, and FYI my comment wasn't aimed at him. My comment has a little more to do with what BigW just raised; people were making unfounded comments on how the CycloDS (slot-2) was based on an inferior SD-card based hand-me-down SuperCard design. It's my understanding that pretty much all the 'Lite' products are based on older SD/mini-SD devices. While this may be true, many people have told me that the SuperCard Lite really scrapes the bottom of the barrel and is one of the dodgiest slot-2 carts around. Feel free to do some research and come up with your own conclusions.

jojoh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I bet that once enough units have been sold there'll be either a 100% incompatible successing product or the company will quietly change its name and market a new flash cart under a new label. Either way, Cyclo DS Evolution users surely will face a lot of problems in the foreseeable future, IMHO.

Thats what i wanted to hear!

Finally someone that shares my opinion!

quartercast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
I bet that once enough units have been sold there'll be either a 100% incompatible successing product or the company will quietly change its name and market a new flash cart under a new label. Either way, Cyclo DS Evolution users surely will face a lot of problems in the foreseeable future, IMHO.

Thats what i wanted to hear!

Finally someone that shares my opinion!

i.e., prepare for some...

Doom.png

nyanya.gif
nyanya.gif
nyanya.gif
Sour grapes.. meanwhile, I'm enjoying playing with my DS + Evo!

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Wow, lot's of retards calling other people imbeciles in this thread.

Supercards definitly are a fine line of flash carts, anyone claiming something else needs a serious reality check. Just think about how long these products are on the market and how long they have been supported by the manufacturer. As a matter of fact, just recently there was an update released to make Zelda playable. Also over different updates (original Supercard CF -> Supercard SD -> Supercard Micro -> Supercard Lite) old versions still were supported, Supercard CF even was made as GBA-only Flash cartridge in the beginning. Can anyone here name any other brand of flash carts getting the same support from its manufacturer?

Cyclo DS on the other hand stole the Supercard design just to make a quick buck to release the 'Cyclo Evolution' afterwards. What can you expect from a manufacturer with such ethics? While the 'Cyclo DS Evolution' certainly is an outstanding product I highly doubt that it'll be supported as long as the Supercard line of products. I bet that once enough units have been sold there'll be either a 100% incompatible successing product or the company will quietly change its name and market a new flash cart under a new label. Either way, Cyclo DS Evolution users surely will face a lot of problems in the foreseeable future, IMHO.

finally someone who's not a gbatemp brown noser posts.. it's so refreshing

as you imply mate.. what other slot-2 manufacturer is continuing to give major updates such as 'real time Ar/dipstar' code support ??? ect .. even the sc-cf model can plop all over most ds solutions available today thanks the the stellar supercard support .... "any one for mariokart 300cc?"

supercard is no.1 pure and simple

quartercast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
An ethical flashcart manufacturer? What an oxymoron! You seem to have forgotten what these carts are predominantly used for: piracy. In a grey market, loyalty goes out the window, whether you like it or not.

Your no 1 manufacturers Supercard did it themselves, the DS(ONE) is essentially a hardware clone of the Ninjapass X9. In the early days you could get the DS(ONE) loader running on an X9. Almost none of the flashcart devices out there are original, they either use copied hardware designs or software loaders (most often moonshell!).

I doubt most ppl give a toss about who copied who, they simply buy the buy the best device at the time and use it. Brand loyalty, if it ever existed, is dead.

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An ethical flashcart manufacturer? What an oxymoron! You seem to have forgotten what these carts are predominantly used for: piracy. In a grey market, loyalty goes out the window, whether you like it or not.

Your no 1 manufacturers Supercard did it themselves, the DS(ONE) is essentially a hardware clone of the Ninjapass X9. In the early days you could get the DS(ONE) loader running on an X9. Almost none of the flashcart devices out there are original, they either use copied hardware designs or software loaders (most often moonshell!).

I doubt most ppl give a toss about who copied who, they simply buy the buy the best device at the time and use it. Brand loyalty, if it ever existed, is dead.

¿Can you probe yourself? ¿can you run supercard soft on the ninjapass? or at least show me a person who has done it.... btw, moonshell is free software with a open license, copying and/or modifying it is legit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Jayro, No, works fine.