Hacking Supercard Team have finally realised...

quartercast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
that CYCLODS is a FAKE SuperCard !!! (we're talking about slot-2 here). Took them long enough, didn't it? This is going to be interesting - seeing as both teams are established brands, have websites/forums etc. Thanks to Blackhawk on the CycloDS forums for the heads up!

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
that CYCLODS is a FAKE SuperCard !!! (we're talking about slot-2 here). Took them long enough, didn't it? This is going to be interesting - seeing as both teams are established brands, have websites/forums etc. Thanks to Blackhawk on the CycloDS forums for the heads up!
Hahaha, that's the SC team for ya. Funny thing is you can install the SC firmware on the CycloDS units without any problems
wink.gif

quartercast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Oh, what happens when you try a newer version? I'm sure someone could hack it to get it to work (if they could really be bothered). I'm deciding on whether to get a SC Lite or CycloDS Micro to go w/ my CycloEvo. I have an M3 Lite but it doesn't bloody fit properly in my DSL
dry.gif

quartercast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Would you recommend the cycloDS micro? Is it hard to plug/unplug from the DSL? Does it really stick out of the DSL?

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Would you recommend the cycloDS micro? Is it hard to plug/unplug from the DSL? Does it really stick out of the DSL?

Would I recommend it......hmm, well that highly depends on the price. As for inserting and removing it from your DSL it is slightly easier (though really just slightly) then with the original SC-lite (however I have only tested the first model of those). As for sticking out, boohoo. A milimeter is highly overstated I would say more 2 tenths of a mm. If you can get this thing cheap it's nice for DSlinux and a RAM expansion (I always have an SC/CycloDS in my DSlite nowadays as RAM expansion pack). Same conclusion as in my review
wink.gif

QUOTEOf course the exterior of the miniSD version isn't very important so I will only cover the microSD version. The CycloDS doesn't win it on looks. The casing is white, as I don't have a white Nintendo DS lite I can't check, but it doesn't quite seem to match the NDSL. The two parts of the shell also don't seem to line up perfectly which makes it less attractive (though this can also be fixed, simply slightly unscrew the screw closest to the microSD slot). For the rest the looks are pretty good, but, like the rest of the CycloDS, very simple.

p.s. If you don't have fingernails which are at least a little bit long removing the CycloDS lite can be a pain, same as with the SC-lite however the cyclo is slightly less thick so it requires a little less force to remove.

ghettobob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SuperCard and CycloDS probably had a contract:

SuperCard: You can copy our cart until you make a new one.
CycloDS: What happens when we do.
SuperCard: Oh nothing...

*Several months later*
SuperCard: CycloDS are FAKES!

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the Supercard team has finally realized that someone made a crappy clone of their own crappy slot 2 cart? Pfft...who cares. Kidding(No, not really)...

xtnod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the SC team saw how successful the CycloEVO is now compared to their own card... and the only way to kill cycloDS EVO sales are to do what... yeap the obvious... bring out the "FAKES". SC/M3/R4 anyone of these... copied something from somewhere... can't jsut go off telling people this brand is a fake because "copied" it first.

I don't own a CycloDS, but seems to me that the SC team is feeling kinda down because of the CycloDS EVO's success over their own card suppose to be a super card but rather ended up a average card.

Just seems like plain jealousy to me...

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Supercard forget to watch at the Ewin2 (second generation)
biggrin.gif
, same software/same hardware

I guess the SC team saw how successful the CycloEVO is now compared to their own card... and the only way to kill cycloDS EVO sales are to do what... yeap the obvious... bring out the "FAKES". SC/M3/R4 anyone of these... copied something from somewhere... can't jsut go off telling people this brand is a fake because "copied" it first.

I don't own a CycloDS, but seems to me that the SC team is feeling kinda down because of the CycloDS EVO's success over their own card suppose to be a super card but rather ended up a average card.

Just seems like plain jealousy to me...

Completely agree on that
biggrin.gif
!

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
yeh but who the hell would want an old tech sd based card dressed up in more modern sd-micro (transflash) clothing ???

how much is that gonna piss you off when you want to play POR or the first Vania, Tony Hawks ect... and the damn thing is too slow to handle it.... it's a complete waste of time... someone call Dr.Who and his Tardis a breach of the space time continium has occured.

Cyclo has lost a lot of credability in my eyes.

quartercast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
yeh but who the hell would want an old tech sd based card dressed up in more modern sd-micro (transflash) clothing ???

how much is that gonna piss you off when you want to play POR or the first Vania, Tony Hawks ect... and the damn thing is too slow to handle it.... it's a complete waste of time... someone call Dr.Who and his Tardis a breach of the space time continium has occured.

Sorry... you are making absolutely no sense whatsoever! The CycloDS Micro is based on the SC Lite (which itself is microSD based). As for CycloDS Mini and others, they are based on the SC analogues too. Finally, the CycloDS Evo is a completely original new product... I really have no idea what you are bitching about, I suspect you dont' either!

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh

Sorry... you are making absolutely no sense whatsoever! The CycloDS Micro is based on the SC Lite (which itself is microSD based). As for CycloDS Mini and others, they are based on the SC analogues too. Finally, the CycloDS Evo is a completely original new product... I really have no idea what you are bitching about, I suspect you dont' either!

usually it's kind of a good idea (and maybe even polite) to look at the whole thread before posting, as I suspect you have't looked at the link already provided properly ... http://eng.supercard.cn/fake_cyclo.htm here it is in case you feel like looking at information before posting next time

we all know what cart we are talking about, no need for the pedantics

zalman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Cyclo is a clone, not a fake, so Supercard has no standing to do this. Not that the Slot-2 Cyclos are any good anyway, but they don't try to trick you into thinking the product is something it is not.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
but they don't try to trick you into thinking the product is something it is not.

thats funny, because i can't see "this cart runs on others makers software, and we pay them nothing" and "this cart has an aged sd system ripped off elsewhere and will consequently not match the speeds of newer flash carts" and "this cart has a future about as bright as the dark side of the moon" labels anywhere on it ???? maybe someone could do a close up scan of the box

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: hi @Xdqwerty +1