Hacking SuperCard SD works on AGS-101 and NDS, but not on AGS-001

pawnchaw27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I bought a Supercard SD a few months ago and tried it on my GBA SP model AGS-001 and it didn't work, it loaded the menu, but when any game finished loading I was stuck on a white screen, Goombacolor didn't work, NES games didn't work either.
Random circunstances in life led me to buy a GBA SP model AGS-101 and one day I decided to randomly try if the SuperCard worked on my GBA AGS-101 and to my surprise... It worked.
Goombacolor, GBA games, and NES games work, some of them can't use the Save Feature that is activated by pressing L+R+A+Select.

Why do you guys think caused this ? Maybe the AGS-101 has more RAM than the AGS-001 ? As far as I know, my Supercard SD is not a fake, but I find it interesting that it doesn't work on the AGS-001 and it does work on the AGS-101.

I also have another question, does the Supercard drain the GBA's battery when it is inserted into the GBA ? I don't know if it just me, but I think that my battery lasts less time If I leave the cart inserted.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a Supercard SD a few months ago and tried it on my GBA SP model AGS-001 and it didn't work, it loaded the menu, but when any game finished loading I was stuck on a white screen, Goombacolor didn't work, NES games didn't work either.
Random circunstances in life led me to buy a GBA SP model AGS-101 and one day I decided to randomly try if the SuperCard worked on my GBA AGS-101 and to my surprise... It worked.
Goombacolor, GBA games, and NES games work, some of them can't use the Save Feature that is activated by pressing L+R+A+Select.

Why do you guys think caused this ? Maybe the AGS-101 has more RAM than the AGS-001 ? As far as I know, my Supercard SD is not a fake, but I find it interesting that it doesn't work on the AGS-001 and it does work on the AGS-101.

I also have another question, does the Supercard drain the GBA's battery when it is inserted into the GBA ? I don't know if it just me, but I think that my battery lasts less time If I leave the cart inserted.
Should of bought a EZ-Flash Omega

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

My Supercard SD works well on my AGS-001, with no problem.
This flash cart drains much more battery then a normal cartridge, with light on even more. If the console is off cart does not absorb energy.
When savestate does not work you have to use the 'quick power cycle' method to save.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I wonder if Shaft ever tips... +1