Supercard SD vs. Supercard Lite

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by pharmerken, Apr 22, 2007.

Apr 22, 2007
  1. pharmerken
    OP

Newcomer pharmerken Member

United States
    Hi everyone,
    I currently have the Supercard SD and noticed the slowdown in many GBA games that many people have already reported. I was wondering if the Supercard Lite also suffers from the same problems for GBA. Based on this excellent review I found here at GBAtemp from fifthelement:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=35982

It seems that the Lite version is faster and more compatible when compared to the MiniSD version of the Supercard. I was wondering if anyone who owns the Supercard Lite version of this can confirm this. My test game has been Super Street Fighter II. I already know that the M3 Lite is probably much better for GBA games, but everywhere I look, the price is almost double that of the Supercard Lite. Thanks for any input.

2. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I've wondered this myself. I have an SCminiSD too and while I love it for the homebrew and emu's it can play right out of the box, the slowdowns in GBA games is annoying, to say the least.

Is the lite version actually faster, or is the claim that it's faster just FUD?

3. jrdehaisx

Newcomer jrdehaisx Advanced Member

United States
    I just got a SC SD Card, for my GBA, I got the R4DS for the DS... but I want to know where to do an Update of the SC... as it cant play all the roms... Also yes I imagine the micro is faster, more if the Micro was made in Japan, I got the R4DS with a MicroSD from Japan and plays any rom possible.

4. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    I've had both the supercard lite and the supercard sd. I've not noticed much difference when it comes to GBA games. The biggest difference between the 2 is on the DS lite the supercard sd looks massive, and the supercard lite is a great fit.

5. pharmerken
    OP

Newcomer pharmerken Member

United States
    Thanks for the info. I ended up getting the M3 for GBA support and it's like night and day when compared to the Supercard. Every GBA game that had slowdowns on the Supercard plays perfectly on the M3 at full speed. I don't think the Supercard Lite will be any faster than the SD version anymore primarily because the GBA roms get loaded into the Supercard's internal memory which is very slow compared to the M3s. From what I've read, this doesn't apply to DS games since they get loaded differently and DO depend on the speed of the external SD or microSD card. Thanks for all your input.