Supercard SD still worth it? + Questions.

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by o RedSheLL x, Jul 30, 2008.

Jul 30, 2008
  1. o RedSheLL x
    OP

Member o RedSheLL x GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well I have an M3DS Real and the GBA Expansion pack, but it has some very slow loading (to me) and I don't want to use any more of my memory with GBA ROMs, and the best thing I could find was the Supercard SD. Now my place to buy it *already have SD* and here are some questions.

1. Does it play my GBA Roms?
    2. How do I load firmware? I put a bin file on my DS which came in a file tht was the latest firmware. Is that how u do it?
    3. Should I pay more money for the Lite? And does that have the RAM to load GBA Games?

Thanks
    redsheLL

2. Souldragon

Member Souldragon GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    1. Does it play my GBA Roms?

Information about supercard sd http://eng.supercard.cn/manual/sd.htm
    but if you're talking about the SuperCard SD(ONE) = no doesn't play GBA Roms but I use to have M3 Lite and I use my GBA Expansion pack to play gba roms and it works.
    Normal SuperCard SD need some kind of passMe or firmware hack..

2. How do I load firmware? I put a bin file on my DS which came in a file tht was the latest firmware. Is that how u do it?

For SuperCard SD(ONE) its drag and drop the firmware inside the macro sd card.

3. Should I pay more money for the Lite? And does that have the RAM to load GBA Games?

I would just suggest getting SuperCard SD(ONE) and use your GBA Expansion to play GBA games.. Work for me with my SuperCard SD(ONE) and M3 lite gba expansion..

3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    You do not want a Supercard for running GBA games; it has about the worst GBA support of any flashcart.

Look into the M3 Perfect or EZ-Flash IV.

This is only for running DS games. You don't need anything of the sort for running GBA games.

4. o RedSheLL x
    OP

United States
    Oh okay, I was talking about the retro supercard SD (not DS-One.) But I heard it had fine GBA ROMs, well I was looking at the M3 Perfect. But why is it SOO expensive? 70 bucks? Thats more than slot-1 solutions! [​IMG]

5. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    No flash cart is truly incredible at GBA, don't believe anyone who claims that. But I've heard good things about M3.

6. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    Well... Another cart someone already recommended was the EZ Flash IV. I heard pretty good things about them. It's on RealHotStuff for 43USD but it is the LITE(Deluxe version) size. And you can even use it as an expansion cart if you have the proper patches, but it does have its own microSD slot storage.

The versions that DO NOT HAVE the RAM for (good) GBA function are as followed:
    M3: The Professional(?) series
    SC: The Rumble series
    EZ Flash IV: The Compact version I think has "less"(?) PSRAM/NOR? Not nearly enough to play most games I believe. The Deluxe has a large amount of PSRAM and NOR that can be handled from the Slot 2 menu or I think you can even use GBA EXPLoader for slot 1 GBA roms. The regular version takes MiniSDs and has a little bit less than the Deluxe I think, but enough to play GBA roms. You might need to write to NOR, but I haven't check specifications in a LONG time. The MiniSD version can only be found at Deal Extreme when I looked.

7. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden

8. o RedSheLL x
    OP

United States
    Well, I guess it doesn't matter because Im thinking to buy a AceKaRd RPG and I just need the EZ-Flash Expansion.