Hacking SuperCard SD Saves To SuperCard DS

5uck3rpunch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Gang,

Does anyone know if there is a way to get my SuperCard SD saves to work on SuperCard DS? These saves are from ROMS that were patched with the Supercard Patcher v2.57 & older. I'm way deep into some of these games & it would be nice to not have to start over
wacko.gif
I've tried renaming my SuperCard SD .nds.sav file to the same as the ~.sav SuperCard DS files & it ignored them
blink.gif
. Any help is greatly appreciated!
bow.gif

coldie

Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a Supercard SD Rumble and a Supercard DS, I just copied the .sav on to the TF card in place of the one that the game wrote when I ran it first. It worked for Animal Crossing: Wild World. I didn't bother with any of my other saves cos they don't matter so much to me.

I'm using the standard mode (not converting roms or anything).

5uck3rpunch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a Supercard SD Rumble and a Supercard DS, I just copied the .sav on to the TF card in place of the one that the game wrote when I ran it first. It worked for Animal Crossing: Wild World. I didn't bother with any of my other saves cos they don't matter so much to me.

I'm using the standard mode (not converting roms or anything).

That's weird that it worked because the DSONE has a different SAV file name format. They are all truncated & start with a ~ (tilde).

invaderrj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went through all the saves on my Supercard SD and renamed them to match the saves on the Supercard DS and a few of them worked but a lot of them didnt. All I was really concerned about was my Bomberman Touch! save game and thankfully that is one of the ones that worked. So yeah Id say just rename em and see if it works, if it doesnt just put the original .sav back on the card for now until someone creates a foolproof way to convert em.

id242

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5uck3rpunch, i am not sure if you found the solution yet, but I'll post up what I have found to work though. I hope this may help you

I've tried the following combinations:

CleanROM & SC.lite.SAV file renamed with "8.3 File Name" [NOT WORKING]
SuperMode Patched ROM & SC.lite.SAV file [WORKING]
(8.3 File Name is the format that is also being referred to as "truncated with ~ tilde")

When rom are patched in SuperMode, "8.3 File Names" are not created because a "Long File Name" with the strandard SuperCard .SAV format is pre-made.

I've tested these results on Castlevania PoR and also several other programs with SAV files created from SC.Firmware 2.56 through 2.58.

The only way I have been able to get my old SAV files to work, is by first patching the ROM to SuperMode and then replacing the new SAV with my SC.lite SAV files.

Side Note, I have also been messing around with the following GENUINE MicroSD Cards.

GENUINE SanDisk MicroSD 2gb, RETAIL (purchased from VERIZON)
GENUINE Kingston MicroSD 512mb RETAIL (purchased from NEWEGG)

When I run the SC(ONE) Auto Speed Set program, the SanDisk 2gb can only be detected as "5" and gets set to 2x - No matter if it is formated in Fat32 or Fat16. I've tried the 2x setting in PoR at a location I've known to lock-up at and sure enough, it locks up. By manually setting to 3x, the game is extremely choppy and is completely unplayable - it locks up when entering certain room. at 3x, PoR will lockup before it even gets into the game - ie; at boot. PoR on the SC(ONE) plays just fine and only randomly locks up. The DoS intro movie is unbearably jerky and not even possable to be watched - Although it does play through on the SC.lite with only mild issues.

When I run the SC(ONE) Auto Speed Set program, the Kingston 512mb is detected at "30" and can be set to 4x. The card is formatted to FAT16. I've tried PoR for several hours and have not had a single lock up yet. Aswell, the DoS intro movie plays flawlessly on this card.

Conclusion, I will be using the much slower SanDisk 2gb card in the SC.lite. And will use the much quicker Kingston in the SC(ONE).

Again, I hope this information can help someone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over