Supercard SD Problems

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by adgloride, Jan 29, 2007.

Jan 29, 2007

Supercard SD Problems by adgloride at 12:17 PM (635 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. adgloride
    OP

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    I've just got the supercard SD for a friend (They wanted the cheapest). I've had supercards in the past and have had no problems with them. I do have stealth flashme installed on both my phat and ds lite. I put the cartridge in with the SD card inserted and it just boots up normally to the health screen. When I remove the SD card the supercard boots up but says something like write protected please turn of GBA. I have had the card working once and managed to upgrade the firmware.

I removed the card to remove the firmware update from the SC. Now the supercard isn't detected at all with or without the SD card inside. Does anyone know what the problem is? If I have to send the card back to bamboogaming as faulty it will be weeks before I get a replacement.

2. adgloride
    OP

United Kingdom
    Looks like I've figured out whats wrong with it. If I press the SD card in more the supercard works. I can't keep pushing the SD card in while playing the supercard sd on the lite. So it looks like the SD slot is faulty [​IMG] I just hope I'm not waiting another month to recieve the replacement.

3. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    the exact same thing happend to me except that it was from the the supercardstore. isent it back and got a new one and it worked fine. but i remember looking at the connecting pins/copper tracks and it was drilled through. which means there must have been no connection to the board. did yourse have any badly drilled holes in the tracks probly it. probly just human error if anything

4. adgloride
    OP

United Kingdom
    I never looked at the contacts. I do think the contacts were the problem as when the SD card is really pressed in it works. The supercard has worked properly once. I didn't want to open up the supercard to mess around bending contacts. Knowing my luck a contact will be broken and I would have invalidated my guarantee. I'm sending it back to bamboogaming tomorrow to get a replacement.

I'm wondering if a bad batch of supercards has been sent out. I've had 2 supercard SDs (Now sold), a supercard mini and a supercard lite and have never had any problems.