Supercard SD, New SD card problem

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by cramp, Sep 1, 2006.

Sep 1, 2006
  1. cramp
    OP

Newcomer cramp Member

Hi guys i have been happily using my Supercard Sd for for 3 months or so with no problems, i have
    Supercard SD
    Max media launcher
    Integral High speed 1gb card....

i ordered 2 more of the Integral High Speed 1gb cards.................and they refuse to work!!!!!
    I specifically ordered the same cards so as not too have this kind of problem.....is it possible that both cards are defective????
    I have loaded both versions of firmware 1.62/1.63 just to see if this makes any difference to the Sd card , i have formatted to Fat (not 32)and still get white screens, any other tips...
    I have also tried supercard soft 242 and 255c

is it possible that Integral have changed something in the 1gb High Speed Sd cards.....

cramp

2. CatScam

Member CatScam ScamaRama!

United States
    Well because you ordered 2 more, the chances of both being bad is slim but
    not impossible. Although it is possible that Integral did change something.
    Only thing I can think of is maybe the thickness of the new card is different
    & not making proper connection.

3. cramp
    OP

Newcomer cramp Member

thanks for the reply, this is really frustrating, one of the SD cards is now not been recognised by the DS, my original 1gb Integral High Speed Sd card is still working fine , so i have this card to check that all is working fine with Supercard/max media/ds/.... i know there is an issue with compatibility with some SD cards, as i have a Verbatim 256MB SD card that would never work in my Supercard.....i have done many a search here but don't seem to find any threads regarding incompatibility with SD cards and Supercard!

cramp

4. 5uck3rpunch

Member 5uck3rpunch Surf Monster!

United States
    Hey, have you made sure you formatted them in FAT & NOT FAT32?

5. cramp
    OP

Newcomer cramp Member

yep indeed...............i have been using my DS/Supercard/MML with 2 SD cards for teh past 3 months with no problem......now this.

cramp

6. 5uck3rpunch

Member 5uck3rpunch Surf Monster!

United States
    Try using the new SD cards in something else, like a digital camera or PDA & see if they work fine there. If they DO work, then contact Integral & see if they can help. Are you sure they are the EXACT same card specifications? I know it sounds dumb, but some are high speed & some are not. I dunno if that would make a difference. Keep your fingers crossed that they are faulty & do not work in any other electronics so you can send them back. Maybe ask for replacements anyway to see if you get some from another "lot". Maybe that was a faulty 'lot' & shipment.
    If your SuperCard is working fine with all other SD cards, the problem probably lies with the new SD cards somehow.

7. CatScam

United States
    Here’s a long shot, I ran across a SD-card that had a resin on the card connections.
    And that resin was causing periodic readings, but using a pencil eraser to clean the
    connections fixed that problem.

Just one more thing to try before contacting the company.

8. cramp
    OP

Newcomer cramp Member

Well it doesn't get much better, one of the SD cards is not been recognised by the Supercard, and the other IS, the files sometimes disappear and if they don't , they fail to load , the Sd cards work fine in my Camera.............this seems to look like its a formatting problem, is there any way to do a SLOW format, other than in Windows

ahhhh

cramp

9. CatScam

United States
    Have you tried this freeware “HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool”?
    _http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/32594.asp

10. cramp
    OP

Newcomer cramp Member

Ok i will give an update on this, i have got these 2 Sd cards to work..
    The problem was my card reader, my CARD reader was a USB 1.1 , i just happened to be ordering a new internal USB 2 card reader , and when i tried this USB 2 card reader all was fine , which is strange because my original Integral HI speed SD card reads/writes plays fine in the Supercard, but The new Integral Hi speed SD cards reads/writes fine but wont play in the Supercard , i think that these newer cards are of faster speed 66x10mb/s and my old card reader had approblem writing to the Sd cards...

thnks to you guys on your thoughts on this problem!!!

cramp