Supercard (SD) Memory

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Happiness, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Happiness
    OP

Happiness Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2005
    Hi! Thanks for a great website!

I am about to order a new memorycard for my Supercard SD. I currently have 3*256MB (standard speed?) Secure Digital cards.

I am tired of swapping these cards, so I will buy me a new bigger one.

The one I've been looking at is "TwinMOS Secure Digital 2048MB, 150X, Ultra-X, 17/22.5MB Write/read speed"

Is it compatible with Supercard? And will games like Resident Evil and Metroid run more smooth with this faster card?

And one final question: What is the (if any) size limit of Secure Digitals cards the Supercard is currently supporting?

Please give me your thoughts about this.

2. FifthE1ement

FifthE1ement GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 19, 2006
    United States
    I have heard of 4GB SD working on the SC SD but the official supported size is 2GB.

They make great memory so I suggest buying that SD.

Also the faster card will improve lag and slowdown.

FifthE1ement [​IMG]

3. Happiness
    OP

Happiness Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2005
    Ok sounds great, thanks for the fast reply. I think this 2GB will do just fine [​IMG]

The price for the card is around US$50.

22.5MB read speed, it says.

Does anyone know how fast read speed is supported by the Supercard/DS-Lite?

4. FifthE1ement

FifthE1ement GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 19, 2006
    United States
    I don't think anyone knows the exact speed but users with normal SanDisk 12X miniSD/SD have much worse performance than users with a 60X and higher miniSD/SD.

I think the speed difference stops around 80X and it’s hard to tell an 80X vs. 150X. However access times also play a big role in card speeds and I always suggest buying name brand memory as cheaper cards may have a high write speed but slow access times which will lag you out.

I suggest a name brand miniSD/SD at least 60-80X or higher for best performance and compatibility.

FifthE1ement [​IMG]

5. Cygoku

Cygoku Banned

Banned
    Jul 14, 2006
    Canada
    It's not read speed that you need to worry about, but the access time!

Cygoku