Supercard SD for the GBA wont play NES roms?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by galbro, Jul 12, 2007.

Jul 12, 2007
  1. galbro
    OP

Newcomer galbro Newbie

United States
    I need help please on my supercard SD for the GBA - first off it does play GBA games but it wont play any GB games or NES games the only thing that happens is a white screen shows up that is it and my gameboy crashes and i have to turn it off. I have tried this on over 10 NES games and the same thing happens. the problem is i have went to many sites and all they tell me to do is just copy and paste the NES roms to my supercard that is it, and convert saves files too to the supercard

(but peope have told me different instuctions on this so for now i dont know the true answer on how to create a save file too for the NES?)

Just to let you know i DID download the lastest firmware BIN file and i have downloaded the lastest Patch software as well and yes i have formatted the SD card with only FAT format and not FAT32.

also if you can refer me to great tutorials on the supercard SD please tell me as well.

2. Tomobobo

Member Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    Hey man, welcome to the world of Supercard (don't get me wrong I own 3 and love them to death), you'll have to do some workarounds for a few things you like to do.

With the 1.7 and 1.8 firmware updates for Supercard, the team decided to put more effort into getting better compatibility for NDS roms than keeping up with what the device was actually meant for (GBA). So they've broken the "built in" emulators and "normal saving" for GBA roms.

So, try NES DS which is much better than the built in emulator, same with the newest GB/GBC homebrew emulator which has a name I can't recall.

As for saving, I use a homebrew SRAM saving app that works well, although I hear all you have to do is reset the DS (turn off and on really quick) and move one page to the right (saver) and hit save to sd.

Good luck, and I hope this helps.

Oh, and welcome to GBAtemp.net.

3. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I found out that you have to update sequentially. 1.70>1.80>1.81 and the emus will work again. I avoided updating my SCminiSD until I learned this. Everything is fine now.

Check out this thread here:

http://www.scdev.org/forum/index.php?topic=10373.0

4. darthreaper

Newcomer darthreaper Member

United States
    Hi I had the same problem but I had 6 nes roms and 3 gbc roms and they were working great ,but i updated to 1.8 and now I cant play them nomore does anybody know what happen?

5. darthreaper

United States
    WOW! I actually downloaded to 1.7 and it works again weird

6. galbro
    OP

Newcomer galbro Newbie

United States
    thank for info i will save this on my journal if i need it in future for now i just use the key combo "start, select, L, R, B" that does instant saves i havnet figure out others because of NES issue.

again thanks for info and your time [​IMG]

7. galbro
    OP

Newcomer galbro Newbie

United States

thank you rayder and death for your help that is true i wish i would thought of this myself, downgrading sometimes does help. sometimes when new firmware is made it had alot of bugs in it and screwed up.

8. darthreaper

United States
    I have another problem though,I bought the super card sd with the super key and I only have downloaded 2 GBA Games that work(Contra advance and Xmen apocplyes) and they work.But when I try to download other games the GAMEBOY LOGGO appears and after that it goes blank white(like the nes and gbc files I had)So can some one help me please!!!Because I am getting really annoyed here

9. galbro
    OP

Newcomer galbro Newbie

United States
    Hi darthreader i wish i could help you but yes i know the supercard sd is kinda screwed up and i did complain to "supercard.cn" website (the people who make the supercard) and i had to figure some things out myself! such as how to save correctly because my 64K save option doesnt work at all - all i get is a white screen and im not going to figure that crap out either!

the only thing that might work is play around with the different firmware versions i actually downloaded 3 of them um hold on ill give you the link but i downloaded the following files.

sd_170
    sd_180
    upgrade.scu

what i did is i put sd_170 on my card and then used upgrade.scu - to supposidly patched to vs 180 i havent had any problems with GBA or NES all work. i dont know the exact answer to this but all i can say is try them out all of them....

maybe just put on "sd-170" and just leave it there - i might work then.