Supercard SD. Fake?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Rxq, Aug 29, 2006.

Aug 29, 2006

Supercard SD. Fake? by Rxq at 1:47 AM (980 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Rxq
    OP

Newcomer Rxq Advanced Member

Canada
    A frein d of mine got this for me in hongkong.

Just opened up my supercard sd, found it very hard to stick into my nintendo, and even harder to pull out.

I was just wondering anyone else who has the real one have the same problem.

I also when on the supercard site and look at the fakes. My super card had a green circuit, and a circle at the bottom of the top shell, excep it is not as visible as it is on the picture provided on the sueprcard site. The label does not appear blurry at all.

The box is slightly bigger than the size of two deck of cards. There is a circular silver sticker on it with the url www.mygbalink.com

Also on the mini-disk included, the burn line is visible.

Right now im more concerned about the potentially fake supercard damageing my sd card than the supercard itself.

Is there any other way to make sure its real? And if it is real, how do i solve the problem of fitting the cart into my console?

2. KINGOFNOOBS

Member KINGOFNOOBS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Lite or Phat? if Lite. sand the sides. If phat. then if possible show some pics so i can see what you should do.

3. FifthE1ement

Member FifthE1ement GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It sounds like you have a real one. I have the best test: Try playing it!

It won't ruin your system or your SD card so don't worry.

FifthE1ement [​IMG]

4. reaperman@home

Member reaperman@home GBAtemp Regular

my supercard sd is also rather hard to insert and remove. It gets easier after a while, so I forgot that it was ever an issue. You have a real one.

when I got my supercard, I also got a (fullsized) burned cd, marked with a simple address lable reading "supercard software". I also got a one month account on some FTP site, that I don't think was in any way legal, but my guess is that was the seller's doing. of course the ftp was far too slow to be useful in any way. They were also way behind on releases... [​IMG]

my supercard purchasing experience was *far* superior to my lighter M3 SD redesign, which came without any box, instructions or software, loose in an envelope. and thanks for the outdated firmware.

5. yee

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
    The EZ4 packaging is rather pretty nice, same with the Supercard Lite.

6. Rxq
    OP

Canada
    I hope its real. I dont have a DS yet. Will the supercard require a passkey3 or similar device?

Oh and i was wondering if flash carts were legal.

7. Bridgy84

Member Bridgy84 Yub Nub

United States
    The card it's self yes. Some of the things you can do with it, not so much. We are all good people though we never use them for that bad stuff. [​IMG]

8. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    Card sounds real. Disc that came with it with the visible burn line, real too lol. All my SC's have been hard as HELL to take out too. It gets easier over time though.

9. agrikki

Newcomer agrikki Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Lol i got my supercard and superkey in a rather strange way.
    The supercard and the Superkey were in an evelope in the boxes... nothing strange there? Well the boxes fit in the envelope because the boxes weren't folded yet. I guess the seller wanted to save on shipping costs and left it like that.

It's made in china. If it looks too professional it's fake [​IMG]

10. Rxq
    OP

Canada

Well over time, i do no what to be streching my console's cartridge holder or do i want to be squeezing the supercard as it is very fragile already.

Any spots i could file up?