Supercard SD 100% games speed

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Tamides, Mar 3, 2010.

Mar 3, 2010

Supercard SD 100% games speed by Tamides at 4:32 PM (3,628 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. Tamides
    OP

Newcomer Tamides Newbie

Poland
    Step 1: download gbata download
    and pfpatcher download
    Step 2: run gbata and click on ... to load rom and click SRAM Patcher and Patch
    Step 3: Drag and Drop patched rom to pfpatcher
    Step 4: Run Super Card, click add, choose rom, double click and uncheck all options, check only "enable save" [​IMG] DON'T CHECK ENABLE RESTART!!!!!!
    Step 5: Copy on your SCSD or SCSDmini and play [​IMG] [​IMG]

To save game you must restart gba and go to save find "game_name.sav" and click a on gba to save and game is saved

if any problem write to syzdekr@gmail.com

2. dajavax

Member dajavax GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    what is that pfpatcher?

3. dajavax

Member dajavax GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
  4. dnniwa485

Member dnniwa485 GBAtemp Fan

actually, the slowdowns on Golden Sun 2 didnt fix this.. lag as hell on world map..

im only playing games that requires fast cards in my ez 3in1

5. 5%

Member 5% GBAtemp Fan

So does this actually work?

Edit: Getting the same amount of slowdowns with and without the patch for Street Fighter II

6. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
  7. dnniwa485

well, i take back my word

it did some minor speed up on some of my games:

- Summon Night 2
    - Summon Night: Hajimari no Ishi

downside is. you cant save. specially if your GBA cart doesnt have internal battery

8. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Fresh™

United States
    Sweet! This fixed the almost constant lag in FF6 Advance, and even allowed me to pass the opera scene, which would lag so badly that it literally wouldn't load the next section once you got to the balcony. The lag had REALLY bothered me with this game. I can't thank you enough.

EDIT: Bah the guy above is right. It fixes the lag, but I can't save. Sigh...

9. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Seems I remember that enabling "restart" in the SC patcher program did about the same thing.

10. injected11

United States
    Enabling restart in the Supercard patcher causes the lag to reappear, making it impossible to pass the Opera scene in FF6, but without enabling it, it won't let me open the supercard save menu in-game. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

11. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Just use the "Quick Power Cycle" method of saving. First save in-game, then turn off the GBA and turn it back on very quickly (if you're using a DS you MUST reboot in GBA mode by holding the right key, since it won't work in DS mode). Press Right to get to the "saver" tab, navigate to your save file, and press A twice (to "save to SD").

More cumbersome, yes, but it works.

12. injected11

United States
    I saved in-game, turned the DS off, quickly turned it back on (DS is in 'Auto' mode, and I removed my slot 1 cart so slot 2 would be auto-loaded), found my save file, saved it to sd, then loaded the game, and it was if I hadn't saved still.

Is there a part of this I'm missing?

13. dnniwa485

well even if we manage to save the game by power cycle, is there anyway to load the sav file? it seems that the sav file is not loaded when you load the patched fix gba game.

14. 5%

Member 5% GBAtemp Fan

This.

QPC has never worked for me so I've always resorted to using RT save, I just tried again not long ago with Fire Emblem and no such luck with the QPC method(using GBASP)

Check it:

IMPORTANT NOTE: the QPC method does not work properly in firmware 1.7 and newer, but only in DS mode. To ensure that it works correctly, merely reboot into GBA mode instead of DS mode before using the Saver tab as described below. You can alternatively use the DumpSRAM program which is designed to replicate the functionality of the Saver menu. Setup the .ini file and then after rebooting, launch the DumpSRAM.nds file instead of using the Saver tab.