Hacking Supercard precautions?

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm considering purchasing a Supercard DS One in a few days (The newer versions, green box, etc) but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

ATM I currently have an M3 DS Real and the compatibility is shit, so I'm deciding to swap out, however I have a few things I need to know first

1)I've heard SCDSOne has the best compatibility rates, does it work with every game (tested)? Are there any known problems with specific games that might cause me to miss out on some favorites of mine?

2)Will it work with the M3 Real GBA pack or might I have to buy a different one (I know it doesn't work with the R4, but not sure about this one), if that's the case, what slot-2 should I buy to work with it (I enjoy me some GBA games :])

3)Are there any problems overall I should know abuot before buying it? I'll be looking stuff up, and have looked up a bit so far, but I suppose answers straight from people are better.

4)The review states a 32Gbit(4GByte) maximum, meaning it has SDHC support or no? And is that really the max, I can never get an 8GB? :[

5)GBA Union intrigues me, does this work well for Pokemon games and the like?

The review seems to have been done a while ago though, so it's bad rating of the game, probably doesn't mean anything about recent upgrades and such.

I plan on getting the following:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5097
Disregard 4, I realized the one I plan on getting is SDHC.

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
1)I've heard SCDSOne has the best compatibility rates, does it work with every game (tested)?
as far as i know every game works with patch off (some used to have problems in patch mode though there maybe fixed now)

QUOTE said:
2)Will it work with the M3 Real GBA pack or might I have to buy a different one (I know it doesn't work with the R4, but not sure about this one), if that's the case, what slot-2 should I buy to work with it (I enjoy me some GBA games :])
if gbaexplader works with the m3 real gba pack i cant see why it would not work

QUOTE said:
3)Are there any problems overall I should know abuot before buying it? I'll be looking stuff up, and have looked up a bit so far, but I suppose answers straight from people are better.
i would not say it was a problem but you will will have to update your ndsinfo.dat to get the rom info for newer games
also the scdsone is still dependent on fast memory cards so dont get a sandisk sdhc as there to slow

QUOTE4)The review states a 32Gbit(4GByte) maximum, meaning it has SDHC support or no? And is that really the max, I can never get an 8GB? :[
the 4GB limit was fixed in an old update so 8GB cards work now (i seen on the chinese forum some one had made a sd adapter & fitted a 16GB sd card to the scdsone & it worked flawlessly)

5)GBA Union intrigues me, does this work well for Pokemon games and the like?
as far as i know it works for pokemon well

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, VERY much :]

It seems I'm going to aim to get a Kingston 4GB microSDHC right after I can get this. I'm attempting to use prizerebel to get them off of DealExtreme, so I can only hope for the best.

I'm unsure of the difference between Class 4/6, I'm guessing 6 is faster? (I have no idea though)

I'm hoping to get this card after I make sure it works fine: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11241

If not, I'll probably settle for a 2GB

The ndsinfo.dat doesn't seem to be too big of a problem after looking around.

I think I've made up my mind now that I have those answers, I'll be getting one of these for sure.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not so sure about the GBA Union. I know you can do the GBA-to-DS Pokemon linkup if you're using both a Supercard DS and a slot-2 Supercard, but I don't think it'll work with a different slot-2 device. Other games with GBA linkup may work, but I think Pokemon requires the slot-2 device to be a Supercard.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
Thank you, VERY much :]

It seems I'm going to aim to get a Kingston 4GB microSDHC right after I can get this. I'm attempting to use prizerebel to get them off of DealExtreme, so I can only hope for the best.

I'm unsure of the difference between Class 4/6, I'm guessing 6 is faster? (I have no idea though)

I'm hoping to get this card after I make sure it works fine: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11241

If not, I'll probably settle for a 2GB

The ndsinfo.dat doesn't seem to be too big of a problem after looking around.

I think I've made up my mind now that I have those answers, I'll be getting one of these for sure.

If i might interject about a microSDHC card i just got:

Its an A-Data 4gig (Class 6) for $18.99 US with $5.99 3 day shipping.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820211196

One comment on that page says it arrived DOA, but mine is working flawlessly (and is quite speedy, i might add).
I have never really had a problem with getting cheap mem sticks from REAL dealers (i had a problem with one off Ebay a bit back, but i learned my lesson).
So thats another option for you
smile.gif

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I ordered my SCDS1 via prizerebel (DealExtreme) so I should be getting it in a week or 2. Once I know it's coming, I'll probably just pay for the microSDHC out of pocket.

That seems like a great price for that card, so I'll make sure to check it out 8]

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you want, I have a review of the SCDS1 SDHC on my blog. Just click my account, view member's profile, scroll down a bit, and you should find it.

The only game I haven't been able to get it to work is COD4. I have over 150 ROMs, and 1 COD4 doesn't work. Maybe it was a bad dump, because I didn't hear any problems regarding COD4 on the sites.

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oooh I almost forgot one more question, as the site confused me on this.

After getting the NDS do I have to patch it into another file (That's what I saw, but I'm not sure if it's just for supercard or for SCDS1). :wtf:; I'd hate to have to also change them everytime :[

In any case however, I'm considering getting the leetrom site discount while possible, so I'll hopefully start ordering it tomorrow/the day after.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn