Supercard or CycloDS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by MaxEdison, Jul 13, 2008.

Jul 13, 2008

Supercard or CycloDS? by MaxEdison at 9:20 PM (1,251 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. MaxEdison
    OP

Newcomer MaxEdison Member

United States
    Hey all again. For my next trick, I'll be deferring to you as to which flashcart I should get. I realize that these topics are definitely overdone around here, and yes, I'm a newb, but I'm really torn over this cart stuff.

So. CycloDS Evo or Supercard. The things making me go for the Cyclo is the raves I've heard from everybody, the apparently-great and non-Engrish tech support, and the neato features, i.e. slow-mo. Stuff pulling me towards the Supercard are the price, and, um...pretty much just the price.

Thanks a bunch.

2. tinymonkeyt

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
  3. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    Scds1 has slow-motion too, it's just that it's integrated in it's cheat system.

4. MaxEdison
    OP

United States
    Geez. Even after reading those two great threads, I still can't decide. I'm leaning towards the CycloDS, but the price of Supercard is pretty hot.

5. tinymonkeyt

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
    is this gonna be your first flashcart?
    the cyclo is easier to use than the SCDS1, i've read
    if you asked this a bit earlier, the cyclo would've been 36$ on DX (which is only a bit more than the SuperCard)

6. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda
    Get the Cyclo as it has a non-stupid interface and save file scheme.

But if you're really into cheats get the scds-1 as it has a choice of 3 cheat engines including it's own native real time one, but note only consider if you're really into cheats as the real-time ones more or less have to be manually set up (short labeled) because of the stupid interface I mentioned above.

7. MaxEdison
    OP

United States
    This will be my first cart, yes, and I care absolutely nothing about cheats-- in fact, I actively dislike them. Sounds like the Cyclo will be the cart for me. Thanks for the help.

8. GX255

Newcomer GX255 Advanced Member

United States
    I recently purchased 2 ds lites.
    And my first order of business was getting my very first flash cart.
    I decided to get the supercard ds one because of its price and its Real-Time Saves actually works without problems. CycloDS seems to have some glitches, but I'm sure a firmware update can address that asap.
    Overall I was leaning to CycloDS until I saw the price. Ouches. Because I was buying 2 flashcards.
    The Supercard ds one i ordered from DealExtreme.com has a Kingston 1GB MicroSD with it. So it was well worth it.
    Now... How long does DX take to ship to NYC under free shipping? lol

9. superdude

Member superdude GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    well DX is based in hongkong is about 1 week and a half to 2 weeks i bought a supercard ds one from them and there shipping was great they give you tracking numbers right when it's shipped. tell me if you have problems.

10. GX255

Newcomer GX255 Advanced Member

United States
    What kind of tracking? I used the free shipping to NYC so will that be using their EMS tracking site or DHL/UPS? I just hope it isn't fedex, cause I'm fed up with them.

11. CorruptJon

Member CorruptJon :)

United States
    USPS