SuperCard noob questions

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Riffman, Aug 21, 2007.

Aug 21, 2007

SuperCard noob questions by Riffman at 8:04 AM (1,180 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Riffman
    OP

Newcomer Riffman Member

Australia
    Hi Guys,

Been thinking about getting a SC for quite some time now.

It will mainly be used by my 7yo son on his NDS. He'll want the odd gba rom, probably some movies & mp3's also. That is about it. I won't bother with actual NDS roms at this stage.

Will a SuperCard suit these requirements well, or should I be looking at something else ?

TIA.

2. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    A SCDS would be fine for everything you said except for GBA ROMS. I would get a EZF 3 in 1 for GBA ROMS. I have never used a EZF 3 in 1, so I dont know how difficult that would be for a 7 year old. Also, dont buy a Supercard Slot 2 for GBA(they have horrible compatibility)

3. Riffman
    OP

Newcomer Riffman Member

Australia
    Cheers for your reply. I guess GBA support will be a pretty hefty requirement, although it will only be for the typical "7yo games", eg. TMNT, Power Rangers, Mario, etc.

I will look into your suggestion, for sure. As for him being able to operate it, well he is quite good - but that would definately be something I'd have to consider first. I just figured that the price of the SC was unbeatable (for a 7yo at least).

4. TLSpartan

Australia
    Just want to mention something though. The SCDS(Supercard DS One) goes into the DS game slot. The EZ Flash 3 in 1 goes into the GBA slot.The EZF 3 in 1 also gives you RAM for Opera(internet) and rumble. You can only have one game loaded on the EZF 3 in 1, but you store GBA games on the Slot-1(in this case the SCDS). If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

I would also recommend you buy from Dealextreme. Slow shipping, but the cheapest I have seen flashcarts

Here is a link to a SCDS with a 1GB MicroSD LINK

And a link to the EZF 3 in 1 LINK

5. Riffman
    OP

Newcomer Riffman Member

Australia
    You've actually made things alot clearer for me, & saved me alot of time in research. [​IMG]

I noticed on your 3-in-1 link that there is a warning that there have been reports of it only working on the DSL. Can you confirm this is the case ? We actually have two DSL's here with broken hinges & they won't be used anytime soon, so I'm really after an NDS solution.

I found this link that I think is similar to what you suggested ? http://tinyurl.com/yunh87 With this option, can I still store (& play) GBA roms on the EZF-V, provided I have the 3-in-1 installed as well ?

6. TLSpartan

Australia
    I cant find a site that sell the DS sized EZF 3 in 1 but the link you gave me will work just fine. And yes that will work. They wouldnt work because they cant fit. If you are feeling adventrous you could the piece of plastic off that prevent it from fitting. As for that site its a good website,it delivered to Melbourne in a week. I ordered my EZF4 Lite Deluxe. Keep in mind you need a MicroSD for memory on the EZF5. I recommend a Kingston 1GB(Japanese).

7. Riffman
    OP

Newcomer Riffman Member

Australia
    Is the Kingston 2gb OK ? They have them on that site also. Looks like I can get the lot for under $100 [​IMG]

So now, What can I do with a 1gb card ? i.e. how many, say gba roms could I put on it ? Of course I am talking rougly here.

As far as movies go, I presume I need to convert them into a special format. How much space (roughly) would a 90 minute movie take up ? I imagine he'll want stuff like TMNT episodes, Power Rangers, etc., so there won't be too many 90 minute movies to worry about, anyhow.

Also, if I get the NDS version of the 3-in-1, there is no reason why that won't work in a DSL later on, is there ?

Edit: Removed questions I have since answered myself. [​IMG]

8. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    RealHotStuff should have Phat-sized 3in1s in stock. And you're right, it'll work on a DSLite later on as well, though it will stick out a bit of course.

9. clockworkvictim

Member clockworkvictim GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I would just get an older m3