Supercard MiniSD game incompatibility list?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by romanaOne, Jan 15, 2016.

1. romanaOne
    OP

romanaOne GBAtemp Regular

Apr 18, 2014
    United States
    where the potential goes to zero
    I got one of these bundled with an AGS-101 recently and it seems to work well enough with most of the games I've thrown at it, except for Pokemon Sapphire where the screen goes black when you restore a save state. I have not extensively tested but it seems like this hiccup is recoverable: if I press start and then A the screen appears and you can exit the menu and play normally. (Choosing SAVE in the menu crashes the game, however.) I don't know how the original owner patched this game b/c it was on the miniSD card when I got it.

I'm really liking the save anywhere feature which could make a lot of platform games less frustrating when you fail to jump to exactly the right spot, fall off, and have to start the whole level over.

I can't find a list of games that definitely can (not) work with Supercard MiniSD. The one linked in the gbatemp review is not there anymore.

Last edited by romanaOne, Jan 15, 2016
  2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
  3. romanaOne
    OP

Apr 18, 2014
    United States
    Thank you for that info. Funny that the short list consists solely of horrible (Penguins) and gamesI've never heard of. Maybe I'll add some games to the list once I get through testing my own. My top GBA games right now, anyway are Adv. Wars, Klonoa, Lost Vikings (more fun on GBA than it ever was on PC), Pokemon Sapp., and The Hobbit (So bad it's funny!).

Was there any other cart that could do save state on gba? I think I'm becoming a collector of flashcarts, LOL.

Btw, I like your essay on complaining about casual gaming. Esp. the concluding sentence which sounds like something Sir Humphrey Appleby might say.

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    The list was more searchable when the site was live, however it is not going to work on the wayback machine. Annoyingly a lot of things will tell me what other pages might have been captured from that domain. More annoyingly that was another in the long list of "things I should really save before that web hosting/storage falls over or that admin gets a clue".

A few different ones could do savestates (or instant save as some of them called it), none were ever that reliable (tending to work better if you paused or stopped moving/got to certain points) which upset some used to hovering over it on emulators. Anyway the M3 line had something like this, I think the G6 got it at one point, the EFAII supposedly had something, the f2a ultra might well have got it towards the end and the EZ3 had it. Not sure why the EZ4 never got the feature as the loader is directly related to the EZ3 loader. Save perhaps the EFAII and f2a ultra none of those will be cheap these days and I am sure what went with some of the other carts (you can read about them on https://web.archive.org/web/2012041...wiki/index.php?title=Category:GBA_Flash_Cards ).

As for the casual games thing I did it partially to try to wind some people up (it worked) and partially because I have seen such things several times before in other areas.

5. romanaOne
    OP

Apr 18, 2014
    United States
    Aww, hell. A wave of depression sweeps over me as "wayback machine" is mentioned. I didn't see the banner (and was too lazy to read the address I'd just clicked) because I have scripts and images blocked.