Hacking supercard mini sd with slot-1 flash cards

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know, mini SD does function well with GBA games, but since I don't have the mini sd adapter anymore, I figured maybe exploader will work given that the slot2 solution does have ram (32MB i think) on it. heck, I don't even have the slot2 solution anymore since I moved to m3 real perfect bundle. i'm just curious since i wanna at least let my friend which i gave the supercard to, make use of it when she gets her slot1 flashcart which would probably m3 real.

also, does supercard work with m3 real? in what ways? and what are the limitations? if there's already an article about it just point me to right way. And if there's none, any helpful comments and advice would be greatly appreciated.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBA ExpLoader does not support the slot-2 Supercard line last time I checked. The only slot-1 cart that can directly use its RAM is the Supercard DS. You can still use the slot-2 Supercard with another slot-1 device, but you will have to do things manually. In other words, to get the Opera browser to work, you'll have to apply the patch file on your computer, and to get GBA games to work you'll have to patch them on your computer and put them on the Supercard's miniSD card, launching them from the Supercard's menu.

In essence, yes you can still use it, but it won't really function as an expansion pack, more of a standalone device (the exception being the Opera browser which will require both devices to be used). The only way I can see to get around this would be to store your pre-patched GBA games on the slot-1 microSD card and use DualBrowser to copy them to the Supercard's miniSD card before launching them, but this wouldn't really be all that useful because you'd still have to have the miniSD card in the first place.

Also, I hope that's a typo in your first sentence. The slot-2 Supercard line does not work too well for GBA games. It will run a good number of games fine, but because it has slow RAM, you will experience slowdown in certain more intense games. Just making sure you're aware of that.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, thanks so much with that clear response. And no, it wasn't a typo, unfortunately. I know that the supercard is very problematic with gba games, but it was able to run some of the great ones for the most part. I just really hated the lame ass data saving button combination requirement.
Again, thanks a lot
happy.gif

Dragonpike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, it works with more than the SC-One, when I had an R4 and a DSTT, using YSMenu, I could run unpatched GBA roms mostly no problem, but again, if it had slowdowns in standalone mode, it'd have slowdown playing this way too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.