Supercard Mini SD question...

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by zruben, May 19, 2009.

May 19, 2009

Supercard Mini SD question... by zruben at 4:04 PM (2,601 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. zruben
    OP

Newcomer zruben Advanced Member

Mexico
    Hi dudes...

a friend of mine is selling me a GBA SP and a Supercard Mini SD at a very reasonable price...

I did some research about the card, and it seems great... there's only one thing that troubles me...

I understand that I have to patch the roms with the supercard software in order to make them work... and there's where my problem begins...

I'm a mac user, and as far as I know, the supercard software is PC exclusive; so, do I have an option to make them work?... is there a supercard software for mac?, or there's any way to play "clean roms" on the supercard mini sd??...

thanks in advance for your response. and excuse my poor english, I'm not a native speaker

2. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    The SuperCard miniSD is pretty crappy as for GBA Support... I remember this well, as I tried to play a lot of games on it, and still have it.

It has slowdowns in a lot of games, it doesn't save automatically (to save you have to turn off and on the GBA quickly and use the Save option. If you don't do this, you'll lose all your current game) and works pretty dodgy with some games/savetypes.

You're better off getting a dedicated GBA flashcard from somewhere cheap, like DealExtreme.

AFAIK, there's no SC miniSD software for Mac, nor you can play clean roms on it. Maybe you could try with Darwine? Or if you've got an Intel Mac, you can bootcamp to Windows.

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    You don't necessarily have to power off and power back on. There's a button combination that updates the *.sav file, but you do have to remember to do it after every save. Or if you insist on using the Quick Power Cycle method of saving, you can use the soft-reset button combo.

Though I agree, the Supercard isn't that great for GBA support.

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to the OP's question. I know some people have gotten it to work in Linux by using WINE, but I don't know about Macs, sorry.

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    you will need to set up a virtual machine and have a share folder that the guest and host system can access. This will allow you to patch games and transfer them back to your mac.