Supercard Mini SD help

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by sanoblue, Dec 26, 2008.

Dec 26, 2008

Supercard Mini SD help by sanoblue at 6:28 AM (1,080 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. sanoblue
    OP

Member sanoblue The Fuzzy Blue Woof!

United States
    i got a supercard mini sd a week ago and have been playin with it... im intrested in using it to play my gba games and to hold utilities i dont want cluttering up my r4 / soon to be ez flash 5 i won for tempmas hehe....

any suggestions?

any help?

2. sanoblue
    OP

United States
  3. sanoblue
    OP

United States
    doot doo de dooo.....

4. sanoblue
    OP

United States
    bumpness

5. aphirst

Member aphirst "Aren't girls with pee-pees just men?"

Germany
    What is it exactly you want to do? If it's just general info you need - I'd personally recommend checking out the reviews and the forum threads for the Supercard MiniSD.

6. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

first STOP THE DAMN BUMPING AND AWAIT AN ANSWER!

second .....you can use ANY SLOT 1 CARD as a PASSCARD to load the SLOT 2 CARD for use instead of using a SUPERKEY (Normally used with a SLOT 2 supercard!)

for loading GBA roms you can use the SClite patcher to prepare your GBA roms for use on the SClite [​IMG]

read the guides on the supercard website here

for more info check out the guides and information on SCDEV.org theres a lot of good info over there along with more supercard guru's!

Never used one myself for GBA as I have 2x EZ-FLASH III card/dev kits that are used for GBA [​IMG]

7. sanoblue
    OP

United States
    im basicly just lookin to see what i can and cant do with it

8. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    You can use it to run the Opera DS browser (must patch the Opera rom first) and to have additional RAM for certain homebrew apps, like DSLinux, Quake DS, Quake II DS, SNEmulDS, Moonshell, etc. You can also play a good number of GBA games on it, though because the Supercard uses slow RAM, you may get slowdown on certain games. This is a hardware limitation and can't be helped too much, though there are a couple of fixes you can try, found at http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/SupercardGBASlowdowns

This will also let you use emulators for the GBA like PocketNES, PCE Advance, Goomba Color, and others. Most of these have DS versions that are better, but it opens up the options for you. Also, SnezziDS is an SNES emulator that can only be run if you have a slot-2 device. While not as good as SNEmulDS, it works fairly well and is worth a shot for games that don't run well in SNEmulDS.

Note of course that all of this is assuming you didn't get a Supercard Rumble. If you got a Rumble, you'll have no RAM and it will do nothing for you that your R4 can't already do.