Hardware Supercard mini sd filesystem screwed up on my gba

DolphinCube

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello! I happen to have a supercard mini sd with a micro sd to mini sd adapter. The micro sd card is 2 gigabytes so I think that is fine? Anyway. When I boot up the supercard. the intire filesystem is screwed up! It happens to only do that when its in my game boy. I did try it on a game boy player (thank you game boy interface!) and that seemed to work fine. No lag. I did a system check on it and the only problem is.....

IT COULD NOT FIND A TEST FILE!
If anyone know whats going on here. Please help me out!
My GBA model number is AGB-001
Thanks!

Last edited by DolphinCube,
Reactions: andreiarturo

DolphinCube

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I found a gba game and I think it super Mario advanced 3 (the file name is superm~3.gba for some reason) and when I load it. all I get is a white screen...… Please help me out!

DolphinCube

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah. normal cartridges work. But I do actually think its the Gameboy itself. Because I tested it on a game boy player and that worked fine (for some reason)

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure that your SD card is formatted to FAT or FAT16. But if it's working on the GBP and not the GBA, it might be a contact issue. I recommend putting something behind the PCB of the Supercard inside the cartridge to ensure the pins are making contact inside the slot; use tape or a piece of paper.

DolphinCube

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure that your SD card is formatted to FAT or FAT16. But if it's working on the GBP and not the GBA, it might be a contact issue. I recommend putting something behind the PCB of the Supercard inside the cartridge to ensure the pins are making contact inside the slot; use tape or a piece of paper.

Ok. So before I do that... 1. Where do I put it behind the PCB? 2. How much tape/paper? 3. If the battery has something to do with this. I think I found the problem.

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a single piece of tape or paper will do. If it's loose-leaf paper, maybe fold it once as it's too thin. Unscrew the cartridge and place the tape/paper behind the PCB, so it pushes the 32 pins up.
disassembled-tape.jpg

Another problem is the SD card not being read. It helps if you keep reinserting the SD card until it's read properly.

Worst-case scenario: the solder joints need reflowed. https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-fix-fake-supercard-mini-sds.340221/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.