Supercard Magic Homebrew Patcher

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by maduin, Sep 10, 2006.

Sep 10, 2006
  1. maduin
    OP

Member maduin GBAtemp Fan

United States
  2. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    I have always used this patcher for my SCSD, it's pretty good!
    Never tried the MoonShell one, though...

3. _Mazza_

Member _Mazza_ GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I think this is for the older supercards and will be like the homebrew converter by SaTa

4. khan

Member khan GBAtemp Maniac

Pakistan
    Can someone please link me to the SC homebrew converter by SaTa that _Mazza_ is talking about?

Thankx

5. 5kuzgib

Newcomer 5kuzgib Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    What exactly does this do then? I gather what the result is but I'm wondering what it does "under the covers" as it were.

6. Sweater Fish Del

Member Sweater Fish Del GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The one by SaTa (called scconv, you should be able to track it down by searching for that name) just appends the 512Byte header that is needed to run homebrew on a Supercard to whatever file you drop onto it. If the file already has a header, scconv.exe just blindly adds a second one which I'm pretty sure would give you white screens when you tried to load it, though I've actually never tried loading a file with two headers.

This "magic" one actually looks at the file first and if it already has a header, but not the right one (there's a few different loader headers out there for different hardware), removes it and appends the proper header for Supercards. It even checks to see if there's multiple headers appended and removes all of them. Also, apparently some homebrews don't even need a header, this program checks to see if that's the case with the file you dropped on it and if so, doesn't apend any header at all. That's the "magic," I guess. It's a pretty good program.

I don't know about this Moonshell Patcher thing, anyone know what it does or where I can get it? Is it only for the Supercard Lite or does it work with normal Supercards, too?

...word is bondage...

7. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
  8. fischju_original

Banned fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

United States
    you can do this by yourself by going to the folder that ndsloader.bin and the homebrew is in with command and typing
    copy /b ndsloader.bin + homebrewfile.nds homebrewfile.sc.nds