Hacking Supercard Lite - Rumble or no Rumble?

PiNa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi There,

after spending some time looking for information which flashcard to buy I decided to buy Supercard Lite for my NDS.
When looking for a shop to buy the card from I found that there is a new version called Supercard Lite Rumble, that
doesnt support GBA (heard that they finally gaveit up as 100% GBA supports is not possible), costs less (29USD vs 49USD) and supports rumble (I dont care about this feature).

That Rumble cart seems to be too new and there are no reviews on the net yet. Is there anyone who already tested Rumble card willing to share his experiences? It seems I cant decide if I should by older (expensiver) or newer (cheaper) cart.

As I already had GBA/SP I dont think I will care about GBA games, and will use it for NDS stuff only.

Any help?

TIA

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
GBAtemp will be writing a review of the Supercard Rumble in the near future. But you're right there aren't many hands on impressions with it available, in fact I personally haven't seen any yet.

If you don't care about GBA support then I guess the Supercard Rumble would be the way to go, but I haven't had any experience with it.

PiNa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just got a new info regarding "Rumble Option" from the asian shop, where I am about to place my order - "Of course you can turn the Rumble off. When you convert games, please don't choose the rumble option, then the cart won't rumble when you playing games."

So far so good
smile.gif

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They say battery life will still be very good.

I suggest getting the regular SCL as the new rumble version lacks the GBA circuitry which removes the RAM which is needed for some homebrew apps and allows you to play GBA games. The RAM also allows you to run some DS games from the SC RAM so that they run faster although it’s not really needed. I suggest getting the Rumble version only if you need to save money as the rumble feature is tied to a mapped button on the DS and is not natural. There will be no performance difference between the two though as the DS circuitry has stayed the same.

Check out my SuperCard guide for more info: http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=31463

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suggest getting the Rumble version only if you need to save money as the rumble feature is tied to a mapped button on the DS and is not natural. There will be no performance difference between the two though as the DS circuitry has stayed the same.

FifthE1ementÂ
yaynds.gif

Well, theyre releasing new patches now so that DS games that were programmed with rumble support will rumble correctly (not just on a preset button press). SO far its just Metroid Prime Pinball that has this, but they say they'll be getting it done for the other rumble-ready games, and the patches will be integrated into the client in a future update. So, soon it will rumble when its supposed to for games that are supposed to have rumble.

As for performance difference ... not sure about that. The ad copy suggested a speedier transfer between the SD card and the Supercard for all versions. But the regular SCLite does a great job with the tough games already, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Vincent Vega

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you don´t care about GBA support, go to SC Rumble and saves 20 bucks!
wink.gif

I recently bought one just for the rumble feature, but arrived at me yet.
smile.gif

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, those patches will just enable the normal rumble feature but very few games support the rumble feature anyway. I would rather have the extra RAM for homebrew and problem DS games. I am almost 100% positive that they didn't change the DS circuitry as that would have cost them way to much money to redo. We'll find out in a few days though and I have a few people running some tests for me. Its great if you don't care about GBA or homebrew though!

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

Tir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was hoping the Rumble's battery life with rumble turned off would be better than then regular one, the ad made it seem that way too. Definitely in need of some hands-on testing.

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wonder if the SC Rumble Lite is now one circuit board instead of the two that got piece together on a flimbsy ribbon cable given that they took out the GBA portion of the flashcart

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonder if the SC Rumble Lite is now one circuit board instead of the two that got piece together on a flimbsy ribbon cable given that they took out the GBA portion of the flashcart
I would be willing to bet it’s still a two part PCB as the SuperCard team would have had to change to much to put everything on one PCB including changing the mold of the SuperCard Lite and buying a different microSD adapter PCB and component. I think they just removed the GBA circuitry components, threw in a small cell phone vibrator motor and wired it to a component on the PCB which they can enable via the patcher. This is just a gimmick to lower prices and hold-off until the SuperCard SL1.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Then how would it save more power than existing models if it's in essence the same design with only GBA ram taken out for a cellphone vibrator motor?

Unless that's false advertising right there or they had to change the design somehow given that I didn't see a sram battery in the MiniSD Rumble model

PiNa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Supercard SL1 - what's that? EDIT: Got it ... SLOT 1
wink.gif

Should I wait or buying regular Supercard Lite is OK at the moment?

Yes, I decided to go for Supercard Lite as I'd like to use homebrew too.
Thanx to Fifth's E1ement for pointing that missing RAM out. Thanx.

Wuggl3z

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
for some reason the rumble version is cheaper than the original on cheapmod which is where i bought my supercard (i still cant decide whether i will buy the supercard lite or not because my supercard SD works fine)

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
for some reason the rumble version is cheaper than the original on cheapmod which is where i bought my supercard (i still cant decide whether i will buy the supercard lite or not because my supercard SD works fine)

The rumble version have none GBA support.
That´s why it´s cheaper...I think
unsure.gif

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Spot the SC hater in this thread trying to make out the sc-rumble will use just as much power with the rumble off as it does with it on ....leave it out ffs

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Spot the SC hater in this thread trying to make out the sc-rumble will use just as much power with the rumble off as it does with it on ....leave it out ffs

Why don't you just quote the guy instead of asking us to play "Where's Waldo?"

Though back to my question way back now that the Rumble line has been released for quite awhile..

Has anyone opened up their SC Lite Rumble? Be nice to know how the circuit design was like since all the internal pics we've seen thus far are from the MiniSD Rumble model..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...