Hacking Supercard Lite rumble and Dsorganise

kaska

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i run ds-organize with the rumble? Or do i need to get just the supercard lite w/o the rumble? thanks

kaska

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, i think it was 5thelement that said that Super lite (non rumble) has additional 32mb of ram and some homebrew might need the additional 32mb to run, thats why im asking.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's correct, but DSOrganize doesn't need the RAM cause it reads and writes directly to the flashcart. Other homebrew like SNESDS need the RAM.

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
That's correct, but DSOrganize doesn't need the RAM cause it reads and writes directly to the flashcart. Other homebrew like SNESDS need the RAM.

Does snesDS run in gba ram ? I never realised, I can't remeber as I only used it once. Seems strange that it is not using the ds internal ram being a ds application. SnezziDS seems to use the ds ram as the loading count on startup is the same as running a ds commercial rom, maybe this is why SnezziDS can run games like SMW at full speed, while snesDS is kind of slow (with the v/sync it virtually grinds to a halt).

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As far as I know both SNESDS and SnezziDS are loaded into the PSRAM so they cannot be run on SCLR and M3Pro. SNemulDS would work cause it directly accesses the flashcart (MicroSD).

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe you should check the http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=38174 ds-extreme ... check the homebrew compatabilty tests, and i'm sure the ds-extreme has no gba ram what so ever.

quote from shaun66 review...

"All homebrew is the latest stable version and has been downloaded straight off the official websites, and copied straight to the DS-Xtreme cart or installed using the recommended method.
BeUp - PASS
DS Doom - PASS
DS Organize - PASS
Moonshell - PASS
NDS Mail - PASS
NESDS - PASS
PicoDrive DS - PASS
ScummVM DS - PASS
SNEmulDS - PASS
Snezzi DS - FAIL
As you can see from the above list homebrew compatibility is very high. The only troublesome app is Snezzi DS which DS-X are aware of and will fix."

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well SpaceJump did refer to SnezziDS using GBA PSRAM which is one of the emulators that failed that DS-X test..

Though I'm not confirming his portion of how certain DS emulators work, just pointing it out as I do most of my emulator fun either on GP2X or PSP

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
All .nds files can potentially run on the sc rumble or m3 pro. I would of thought.

SnesDS and nesDS can produce both nds.gba files (for running from ram, primarily for gba flash carts running ds files from their flash ram) and .nds files (run from mem card, as shown in shaun66 review of ds-extreme)

SnezziDS produces .nds file (runs from mem card)

SNEmulDS produces .nds files (runs from mem card)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i just got a 4070ti