nonexe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i am planning to buy a supercard lite for my ds lite and is wondering:

1)What is Nds games compatibilty (%?)
2)gba games compatibility (%?)
3)using a normal microsd, any slow down (a lot / minor?)

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1)What is Nds games compatibilty (%?)
2)gba games compatibility (%?)
3)using a normal microsd, any slow down (a lot / minor?)

100% the only game i have tried and doesnt work in Opera Web Browser.

All the GBA games i have tried work, but i havent tried alot, proally 90%.

None using a 40X Scandisk 1Gb MicroSD.

etresed

Trophies
XP
Country
apparently Ultimate Spider-man doesn't work either.

On the GBA front I have only tried a few games personally.

Mario kart super ciruit had a bit of slow down but FFIV and the 2 zeldas work fine, you just need to do (L+R+SELECT+A) to back up the saves.

What games have you tried KINGOFNOOBS?

Darkspark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
From my experience with the supercard sd which I hear is the same as all the other newer supercards, these gba do not work for me.

Certain files of yoshis island do not run
Jazz jackrabbit - white screen
earthworm jim - white screen
mario and luigi suffers from major in game slowdowns, not attributed to the speed of sd card used.

for nds games that do not work, tony hawks and ultimate spiderman are the only two that have not worked for me.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All DS games work 100% with no lag. This is expecting that you have fast mini/micro/SD media 60X or higher. No complaints about the SuperCard DS support as its top notch.

GBA is a different story as every GBA game I have tried has slowdown or the graphics blur in and out: Mario and Luigi SuperStar Saga, GTA, all the Super Mario Advance Series, Metroid, Kingdom Hearts and a few more. I mean ALL the big releases don't work right or have major slowdown with more then 1 person on the screen!

FifthE1ement

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fifthelement you dont even HAVE supercard lite according to you. i have 40X Scandisk 1GB and i can run the Castlevania Video with no lag.

All all those games you just said work for me perfectly on SCL. You dont even have SCL so your opinion is invalid. According to you, you just have a DS Phat and Supercard MiniSD.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I don't but my friend in China does. He has a normal SanDisk 12X vanilla microSD and IT HAS LAG in the Castlevania video, it chops up a bit but plays much better then old SuperCards before it. Like I said the SuperCard team has found a way to get normal "slow" media to play better on the SuperCard Lite. Although there still is lag as sneef even said in his comments. When using a 60X Ultra II or higher there is no lag.

And what you're saying about the GBA support is BS as he has the same games I do and the first three GBA games he tested were GTA, M&L SS, and Metroid!

FifthE1ment

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No one gives a crap about your friend. We dont even know if hes real. I have it and it plays perfect on my 40X Scandisk. FifthElement unless YOU have it which you dont, dont say anything. Your 'friend' in china is probally not even real. Just using him as a excuse to say crap about SCL.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820171115
thats what i got.

QUOTE said:
he has the same games I do and the first three GBA games he tested were GTA, M&L SS
You would know, because YOU MADE HIM UP!!

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hate to tell you this but thats not 40X! Its only 12X or 1.8MB/sec! Show's how much you know about microSD. The SanDisk Ultra II is 60X or 10MB/sec while those normal cards run at microSD spec of 12X per www.microsd.org.

FifthE1ement

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow if its 12X then, then wow. everything is STILL running perfectly. amazing
biggrin.gif

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know GBA support is poor but I can play quite a lot of GBA games on my Supercard Mini SD with no problems as well.

EDIT by jumpman17: Removed stuff about the flames.

etresed

Trophies
XP
Country
FithE1ement did your friend use the SD lite software as that sorted out the lag for most of the games. Also you seem to post negative comments about the SD lite even though you haven't used one personally.

You just seem to me like a SD lite hater.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a SuperCard hater I just was hoping for more with the SuperCard Lite thats all. I wanted perfect GBA support (or at least better) and diff colors. I will still prolly buy one and upgrade to the DS Lite. I was waiting to see how the SC Lite was before upgrading to the DS Lite as I can't stand things that stick out. I will prolly still buy it since it has great DS support. I'm just pissed that they didn't fix anything that was wrong with the old version. I love my SuperCard as I will love the SC Lite. Its kinda like being a parent and being disappointed in your kid but you never stop loving them as you just expect more out of them.

I will be getting a SC Lite with the SanDisk 1GB Ultra II, and then picking up a white DS Lite.

FifthE1ement

EDIT by jumpman17: Removed stuff about the flames.

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Whatever... you start acting 'normal' when everyone knows you were lying. LMAO. Anyway to the thread starter. Supercard Lite is a great bang for your buck. I suggest you pick one up and a 2GB MicroSD when they come out.

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They did fix some of it. If they were going to get better GBA compatibility they would need to use different hardware and the Supercard would cost more. They have succeeded in making this their fastest Supercard to date and GBA roms play faster because of this and they've also reduced the size to fit in the DS Lite flush. How much more do you expect for $5 more than the regualr Supercard.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I was never lying as I had put up one of the first reviews on the SC Lite. I have a friend who is living and working in China. I've known him since I was a kid and we talk all the time. I was the one who started him on the SuperCard in the first place a year ago. He loves his SC Lite but hes disappointed with the lack of new features as I was.

FifthE1ement

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn