Hacking SuperCard Lite Mini Review!

FifthE1ement

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend that has the SuperCard Lite gave me a rundown on its features in a mini like review:

Using a white DSL, FlashMe, and a normal SanDisk microSD:
Same SuperCard SD/miniSD menu.
Same GBA compatibility and slowdown.
Fits flush with the DSL but is not glossy like the G6 Lite.
Stutters badly in the Castlevania test.
Slowdown in Animal Crossing and Tony Hawk.
SuperCard Lite is hard to put in and remove.
Very study plastic with front loading microSD.
Uses the same miniSD/SD SuperCard patcher software.

The moral of this thread is stick with a 80X or higher rated microSD card! With even 60X there WILL be slowdown! Man I really thought the SuperCard team would have come through this time with better GBA, faster DS speed without high speed memory. I'll be sticking with DS Phat, SuperCard miniSD, PassCard3, and ATP ProMax 150X 2GB miniSD! I have no slowdown in Animal Crossing or in Tony Hawk, and my Castlevania test is flawless with perfect video and audio. Buy if you own a DSL and need a flush fitting solution then the SuperCard Lite is the way to go as its a Lite version of the SuperCard miniSD.

FifthE1mement
nds.gif

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'll make do with my Sandisk Ultra 66x read speed card.

It can't be any slower than my sandisk mini sd and sc mini sd I'm using now and all the games I play run fine on that.

I do wish Supercard would update the gui though. All the other major manufacturers have better user interfaces, most with changeable skins. If EZ-Flash can do it why can't Supercard.

FifthE1ement

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll be surpised how many people got their Lites early. He's not a reseller but is a friend of the store owner.

As for the 60X, I would get an ATP 80X microSD just to be safe as he tested a 60X SanDisk Ultra II and still had slowdown. Although not near as bad as the regular microSD which lagged all over the place.

FifthE1ement

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's quite hard to find ATP cards in the UK and I go away next Wednesday so delivery from US won't be quick enough unless I use expensive shipping like FedEx

FifthE1ement

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I don't know who Sneef is but my friend lives in China. He justed tested it with the SanDisk Ultra II 60X and it still had slowdown. But not nearly as bad as the regular SanDisk 12X microSD he had before. I would suggest buying at least 80X to keep away from slowdown altogether.

FifthE1ement

FifthE1ement

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SuperCard Lite now has its own patcher software! It also allows you to play games that with the old SuperCards required very fast media but now you can use standard microSD media and get very little lag. And with a microSD 60X you get 100% lag free gaming on even the Castlevania vid! The SuperCard team has found some way of allowing faster memory bandwidth with slower microSD media!

FifthE1ement

compi_

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Actually that's my review
tongue.gif

And you don't have to buy a supercard for the gba support, everyone knows that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche