XtremeResident

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I dont know if this is just my SCL that is defective, but when i try and select "minigames" from the NSMB menu i get a black screen. does this happen to any of you?

i had a SC MiniSD before this SCL and used its software to patch my games. all other games seem to work fine.

My SCL firmware is up to date (1.63)

please help me figure this out before i have to break my head trying to return this thing
frown.gif

thanks.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, sorry bud you're just a noob no offense.
wacko.gif

You said in your own statement that you used the same patcher for the miniSD version for the SCL which you even admit might be the probem but you don't bother to check?
wtf.gif

You have to use the SuperCard Lite patcher, yes there is a reason they realease a different version for each different model of SuperCard, to patch all of your ROMs and old versions will need to be repatched with the new software. Saves can be just transfered over and will work fine.
grog.gif

FifthE1ement
lecture.gif

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fifthelement, I think the situation might not be as noob as you think. from what I saw from the scdev forums, sc in general has a problem with new super mario brothers mini games....in fact, I read a couple posts indicating that it freezes using a regular mini sd card but having a fast mini sd card like the ultra II works fine. I gave it a try and all I have are ultra 2's and it runs flawlessly through the couple mini games I played. This is not a well known issue of supercard at all.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I am correct as this is the thread:

http://scdev.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5231

And this is the final post from teh user who started it:

QUOTE said:
i just wanted to say thanks for the help. i got it to work. i simply updated my sc software like u guys suggested and it worked. thought id reply rather than never respond with results. heh. thanks again.

PS: how cool is ff3?!!! hehe cant wait for the US version.

seam

Thank YOU come again!

FifthE1ement
lecture.gif

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lol, sorry bud you're just a noob no offense.Â
wacko.gif

You said in your own statement that you used the same patcher for the miniSD version for the SCL which you even admit might be the probem but you don't bother to check?Â
wtf.gif

You have to use the SuperCard Lite patcher, yes there is a reason they realease a different version for each different model of SuperCard, to patch all of your ROMs and old versions will need to be repatched with the new software. Saves can be just transfered over and will work fine.Â
grog.gif

FifthE1ementÂ
lecture.gif

Well if he could actually run the rom, then he's using the Lite patcher, otherwise it wouldn't boot at all..

Plus that SCDev link you posted was for the CF version and not the Lite.. And if you bothered to read the 3rd to last post, it has more detailed feedback regarding the CF and MicroSD performance on NSMB minigames..

EDIT: And wouldn't running off the Supercard RAM fix this problem (stopgap measure till a real fix) since I'm assuming most if not all Supercard users are direct loading all their roms

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They work fine so he must be doing something wrong. I have tried the SanDisk Ultra II and regular 1GB 's and they both work fine.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Getting mini-games in NSMB to work has nothing to do in regards to which type of microSD card you own(standard/Ultra-II), i have an ultra-ii and it gave me black screens as well but eversince i have updated the software to 2.55C and firmware with the following software settings it worked.

Open NSMB in the software, then right click on it to see Properties.

Saver Patch: SD Card, ROM Position Patch: SD Card, Enable Restart, Enable Trim ROM, Faster Play Game and Enable Patch Cartridge access.

It should fix mini-game issue.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
enable patch game cartridge access? that can't be right....I thought that's used on newer games that normally convert to 0kb? like starfox or ff3 etc. It works fine for me as well on 2.55 + 1.63 on my ultra II but I was merely suggesting what a possible problem might be from the scdev forums.

XtremeResident

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm im getting alot of mixed replies..i dont knwo who to believe lol.

ok so i guess i can DL the new patcher (which i cant find on the SC site (yes i looked in the "SOFT" tab and all there is is some moonshell software)

can it be how my microSD is formatted? (i used FAT)

hoblingr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Lol so much poeple who speak and dont know what they say !
new smb minigames do blackscreens with 2.55 patcher(Some other games do black screens with 2.55 eg Bust a move DS after game over).
Upgrade to 2.55C patcher and minigames works.

So please, if you dont know the solution dont post responses.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night