Hacking SuperCard Lite - Crashing Games

Peter Hacke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi!
i'm new to this forum, but not new to the whole supercard/m3/nds thing .
smile.gif

and i did search before posting .
smile.gif

well, i've recently got my supercard lite (from supercardstore.com) and everything seemed to work fine at first, but having time to play each game i've wrote to the microSD card (sandisk ultra2 1gb) the count for crashing games goes up.
tetris ds keeps crashing after disconnecting from WFC. i've tried every setting - no luck.
animal crossing also crashes with wifi/wfc activated ( gate open for visitors)
various other games crash at new level loading (like worms, super bust a move ). that's all i can remember so far, but i have a feeling there will be more
frown.gif

here are some tech infos about the supercard lite :
supercard software : V2.55 microSD pro
kernel : 1.63 for supercard lite
microSD : sandisk ultra 2 microSD 1GB

in addition : i have 2 supercard lite, 2 dslite and 2 sandisk microsd and tested the whole thing on each nds.

these kind of problems never occured with my "old" m3 minisd. it would be really sad, if i had to move back to m3 (i like the supercard somehow
smile.gif
)

anyway, thanks in advance to everyone, who replies, or even better, got the time to test the listed games

d4rkangel

Trophies
XP
Country
By crash do you mean that the games simply freeze?

If so mine happens to do this sometimes, and is rather frustrating as i am unable to save!

Consequently i just remove the mem stick and my Superkey, blow in the catridge slot and insert again.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you get the updated "C" version software? They released another update as the old new one was causing problems. Use the link below to get the new software and let us know what happens.

Also, you can always use a previous versions software to make sure everything works. I know many people who still use old SC software version because of compatibility updates. But hopefully the "c" version will help you.

http://l33t.spod.org/ratx/DS/SC/

FifthE1ement

NOTE: I posted this in the scdev forums first and then found your thread he as well.

Peter Hacke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi!
thanks for the new software version.
i did read about it, but couldn't find it anywhere.

well, i updated the version to 2.55C and now very funny things happen :
tetris(e) with activated IGR works fine UNTIL i disconnect from WFC. after disconnecting the IGR somehow won't work anymore, but the game is still playable and i can reconnect etc.
the same situation occures when i use the "old" 2.541 for SC SD.

i'll do some more testing later this day...

edit 1:
just tried worms open warefare (e) with igr+faster gameplay+notrim and 2.55C.
almost the same situation. i start the game and IGR works, after i finish (loose/win) a game(no wifi) IGR doesn't work anymore. very strange...
i'll check some more games which did work with the 2.55 (igr,wifi etc.) and try to reproduce this strage IGR behavior.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some games work with IGR but some don't. I have found its really a roll of the dice on which ones will work. I don't think its a problem with your SuperCard as mine does it as well.

Also don't bother with the trim rom as it can cause problems in game and make sure faster gameplay is always on.

FifthE1ement
nds.gif

stefh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I received my supercard lite today and also my passcard 3 and sandisk 1gb ultraII microsd card. But I am still at work, I will test everything when I get home and post my findings here. This is my first flash device so I am new to the scene. Maybe firmware updates bring solution.

A question from my side: Is the supercard lite a thicker than the original nintendo cover? The Supercard lite is really stuck inside the DS Lite... Not happy with that, as it pushes the outercover out.

Brouhaha

Trophies
Website
spaces.msn.com
XP
Country
Canada
Some games work with IGR but some don't. I have found its really a roll of the dice on which ones will work. I don't think its a problem with your SuperCard as mine does it as well.

Also don't bother with the trim rom as it can cause problems in game and make sure faster gameplay is always on.

FifthE1ementÂ
nds.gif

I ALWAYS have the trim option enabled and have never had a single issue... On the other hand, faster game play crashes some games, ie Star Fox command.

Peter Hacke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well, i did some intensive testing and the problem got even weirder
wacko.gif
:
( IGR = InGameReset)

the systemspecifics:
supercard lite kernel : 1.63
pc software: Super Card V2.55C for Micro SD PRO Version
micro sd : sandisk ultra 2 with 1GB

tetris ds (various options + IGR on ) :
connection to wifi works fine
playing without ANY problems
AFTER disconnecting from WIFI, IGR won't work anymore

worms openwarefare (various options + IGR on ) :
everything works fine
after playing ONE game, IGR is "disabled" aswell

animal crossing - wild world (various options + IGR on/off ) :
gaming itself is ok, no slowdowns or anything.
visiting another player via WIFI (WFC) works fine, BUT
being visited makes the game crash after a few minutes
the same problems with AC - WW arise using the "SuperCard SoftwareV2.541" + "Kernel 1.63"

mario kart ds (various options + IGR on ) :
WIFI/WFC connect + disconnect +playing + IGR works fine

so, if anyone has some spare time and could do some additional testing, that would be really appreciated.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IGR has always acted funny as with my old SuperCard miniSD in many games IGR didn't work or worked then stopped. Its not to big of a deal as all you do is turn off your DS and restart. I haven't noticed any problems with my SuperCard Lite and IGR but I'll keep an eye out.

FifthE1ement
nds.gif

Peter Hacke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@FifthE1ement
maybe you could try some AC - WW (options: notrim,faster gameplay, igr off) . thats actually the main problem. my girlfriends gets cranky, because nobody can visit her town
biggrin.gif
( and you'd never guess who has to take the blame that ac - ww keeps crashing
wacko.gif
)

the other funny behavior doesn't bother me at all. i just wanted to "report" my findings.
the only real problem is with AC-WW as it keeps crashing with wifi(wfc) activated+IGR OFF and only when visitors are in town.

on the contrary IGR on the M3 worked fine
smile.gif
(i know different patcher etc.
wink.gif
)

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, my games have never crashed because of IGR its just that the IGR stops working and you can no longer use it. The games all run perfect and i don't mind that it is gone but I will def check for you to see how it works with those options.

Thanks,

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...