SuperCard Lite - Crashing Games

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Peter Hacke, Aug 10, 2006.

Aug 10, 2006
  1. Peter Hacke
    OP

Newcomer Peter Hacke Member

hi!
    i'm new to this forum, but not new to the whole supercard/m3/nds thing . [​IMG]
    and i did search before posting . [​IMG]

well, i've recently got my supercard lite (from supercardstore.com) and everything seemed to work fine at first, but having time to play each game i've wrote to the microSD card (sandisk ultra2 1gb) the count for crashing games goes up.
    tetris ds keeps crashing after disconnecting from WFC. i've tried every setting - no luck.
    animal crossing also crashes with wifi/wfc activated ( gate open for visitors)
    various other games crash at new level loading (like worms, super bust a move ). that's all i can remember so far, but i have a feeling there will be more [​IMG] .

here are some tech infos about the supercard lite :
    supercard software : V2.55 microSD pro
    kernel : 1.63 for supercard lite
    microSD : sandisk ultra 2 microSD 1GB

in addition : i have 2 supercard lite, 2 dslite and 2 sandisk microsd and tested the whole thing on each nds.

these kind of problems never occured with my "old" m3 minisd. it would be really sad, if i had to move back to m3 (i like the supercard somehow [​IMG] )

anyway, thanks in advance to everyone, who replies, or even better, got the time to test the listed games

2. d4rkangel

Newcomer d4rkangel Newbie

Australia
    By crash do you mean that the games simply freeze?

If so mine happens to do this sometimes, and is rather frustrating as i am unable to save!

Consequently i just remove the mem stick and my Superkey, blow in the catridge slot and insert again.

3. FifthE1ement

Member FifthE1ement GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Did you get the updated "C" version software? They released another update as the old new one was causing problems. Use the link below to get the new software and let us know what happens.

Also, you can always use a previous versions software to make sure everything works. I know many people who still use old SC software version because of compatibility updates. But hopefully the "c" version will help you.

http://l33t.spod.org/ratx/DS/SC/

FifthE1ement

NOTE: I posted this in the scdev forums first and then found your thread he as well.

4. Peter Hacke
    OP

hi!
    thanks for the new software version.
    i did read about it, but couldn't find it anywhere.

well, i updated the version to 2.55C and now very funny things happen :
    tetris(e) with activated IGR works fine UNTIL i disconnect from WFC. after disconnecting the IGR somehow won't work anymore, but the game is still playable and i can reconnect etc.
    the same situation occures when i use the "old" 2.541 for SC SD.

i'll do some more testing later this day...

edit 1:
    just tried worms open warefare (e) with igr+faster gameplay+notrim and 2.55C.
    almost the same situation. i start the game and IGR works, after i finish (loose/win) a game(no wifi) IGR doesn't work anymore. very strange...
    i'll check some more games which did work with the 2.55 (igr,wifi etc.) and try to reproduce this strage IGR behavior.

5. Cygoku

Banned Cygoku Banned

Canada
    "IGR"?

Cygoku

6. rkenshin

Member rkenshin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    In Game Reset

7. FifthE1ement

United States
    Some games work with IGR but some don't. I have found its really a roll of the dice on which ones will work. I don't think its a problem with your SuperCard as mine does it as well.

Also don't bother with the trim rom as it can cause problems in game and make sure faster gameplay is always on.

FifthE1ement [​IMG]

8. stefh

Newcomer stefh Member

Netherlands
    I received my supercard lite today and also my passcard 3 and sandisk 1gb ultraII microsd card. But I am still at work, I will test everything when I get home and post my findings here. This is my first flash device so I am new to the scene. Maybe firmware updates bring solution.

A question from my side: Is the supercard lite a thicker than the original nintendo cover? The Supercard lite is really stuck inside the DS Lite... Not happy with that, as it pushes the outercover out.

9. Brouhaha

Member Brouhaha GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I ALWAYS have the trim option enabled and have never had a single issue... On the other hand, faster game play crashes some games, ie Star Fox command.

10. Peter Hacke
    OP

well, i did some intensive testing and the problem got even weirder [​IMG] :
    ( IGR = InGameReset)

the systemspecifics:
    supercard lite kernel : 1.63
    pc software: Super Card V2.55C for Micro SD PRO Version
    micro sd : sandisk ultra 2 with 1GB

tetris ds (various options + IGR on ) :
    connection to wifi works fine
    playing without ANY problems
    AFTER disconnecting from WIFI, IGR won't work anymore

worms openwarefare (various options + IGR on ) :
    everything works fine
    after playing ONE game, IGR is "disabled" aswell

animal crossing - wild world (various options + IGR on/off ) :
    gaming itself is ok, no slowdowns or anything.
    visiting another player via WIFI (WFC) works fine, BUT
    being visited makes the game crash after a few minutes
    the same problems with AC - WW arise using the "SuperCard SoftwareV2.541" + "Kernel 1.63"

mario kart ds (various options + IGR on ) :
    WIFI/WFC connect + disconnect +playing + IGR works fine

so, if anyone has some spare time and could do some additional testing, that would be really appreciated.

11. FifthE1ement

United States
    IGR has always acted funny as with my old SuperCard miniSD in many games IGR didn't work or worked then stopped. Its not to big of a deal as all you do is turn off your DS and restart. I haven't noticed any problems with my SuperCard Lite and IGR but I'll keep an eye out.

FifthE1ement [​IMG]

12. Peter Hacke
    OP

@FifthE1ement
    maybe you could try some AC - WW (options: notrim,faster gameplay, igr off) . thats actually the main problem. my girlfriends gets cranky, because nobody can visit her town [​IMG] ( and you'd never guess who has to take the blame that ac - ww keeps crashing [​IMG] )

the other funny behavior doesn't bother me at all. i just wanted to "report" my findings.
    the only real problem is with AC-WW as it keeps crashing with wifi(wfc) activated+IGR OFF and only when visitors are in town.

on the contrary IGR on the M3 worked fine [​IMG] (i know different patcher etc. [​IMG] )

13. FifthE1ement

United States
    Well, my games have never crashed because of IGR its just that the IGR stops working and you can no longer use it. The games all run perfect and i don't mind that it is gone but I will def check for you to see how it works with those options.

Thanks,

FifthE1ement [​IMG]