Supercard Lite - Browser empty

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by rtannala, Jun 9, 2008.

Jun 9, 2008
  1. rtannala
    OP

Newcomer rtannala Newbie

Finland
    Hi there,
    I'm a complete n00b with DS lite and bought a supercard lite (with rumble). I just can't seem to get it working. Whatever I do the supercard list is empty.

I've done everyting according to the instructions. Convert everything to SC format and copy to micro SD. I've tried it with homebrew and DS roms. Tried three latest supercard software versions for converting the files. I've tried two different micro-SDs (512mb & 2gb) formatted to FAT (16) and even two different supercards (sent the first one back and got a new one). But still.. nothing. The self test runs ok. When I create folders, they are visible to DS. The save files are shown in the save menu, but the main list is just blank. The options menu is also empty. Shouldn't there be something? Some options maybe.. [​IMG] I also dont get the supercard logo on the touch screen as I should.

I have SC firmware 1.84 (can't upgrade as the card doesnt seem to work...)

Are any of you guys able to help? Am I doing something completely wrong here? Or is it possible that cause the DS is brand spanking new, Nintendo has updated the firmware so that the SC doesnt work?

Thanks for advance

2. Shinster

Member Shinster GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    As the supercardlite rumble is a sot-2 flashcart, it will only show gba roms. You will need to flash your DS with flashme or put a passme device (like superkey) in slot-1 for you to play NDS games.

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    He won't even see GBA games as he's got a Supercard Rumble which does not have GBA compatibility.

Basically, without a NoPass device, your Supercard is 100% useless. FlashMe will remove the need for the NoPass, but you have to use a NoPass to boot it in DS mode at least once so you can install FlashMe in the first place.

4. rtannala
    OP

Newcomer rtannala Newbie

Finland
    Hmm... Seems like I'm a victim of false marketing. Have to hunt me a passme device from somewhere since the shop I ordered the supercard from doesnt have them. Any suggestions on where to get one?

Or would it be just more convenient to get rid of the supercard and get a slot-1 card as I'd propably be running just DS roms and homebrew (SCUMMVM!)? If so, what would be the weapon of choice?

Thanks guys for the help

5. DanTheManMS

United States
    Popular NoPass devices are the Superkey, PassCard 3, and even the Action Replay DS which can act as a NoPass if you hold select.

However, as long as you've got a device that can only play DS games, you might as well get a slot-1 device so you can at least have clean rom capability. From there, look through http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=70252 for some ideas. The device you choose depends on the features you want (or don't care about having). I'd suggest a Supercard DS or CycloDS Evolution for features or a DSTT for simplicity (though since the SCDS can run the DSTT menu anyway that's probably not the greatest choice).

6. rtannala
    OP

Newcomer rtannala Newbie

Finland
    I think I'll settle with simplicity cause I'll propably just launch programs and dont have much use for other features like cheats etc. A shortcut screen for media/programs/organiser would be nice but I'll just get a DSTT as its quite a lot cheaper.

And I'm a cheap and simple guy. [​IMG]

Thanks for the help!

7. Saladman

Newcomer Saladman Advanced Member

United States
    Nought wrong with the DSTT. Supports the 'big cheat' file and has quick updates ect.

8. DanTheManMS

United States
    The SCDS can run the DSTT menu using the Tripple Loader program, so I'd suggest getting that in case you end up wanting the extra features the SCDS provides.

EDIT: didn't realize I said the exact same thing in my last post. Ah whatever, your choice.

9. nicky041192

Member nicky041192 GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    i had the same problem... right click on the folders/files, make sure the checkbox for 'archive' is NOT checked.

if you archive your folders/files, it doesnt show on your slot 2 cart.