Supercard Lite Black Rumble Able to Play GBA Roms?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Athanas2221, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Athanas2221

Newcomer Athanas2221 Newbie

Oct 10, 2006

I put the GBA rom in the Super Card Program (its the correct one for my Rumble Supercard)

It makes them into the two files which I then put on my microSD.

But it doesnt show up in the menu - I see the .sav but not the .gba file.

So I rename the .gba to .nds and it then shows up - but when I play it the screen just goes white?

I also heard that unclicking enable restart should make it work, tried it and it didn't.

I'm PRETTY sure that this is able to play GBA games - but if it doesn't then that would be retarded.

I just want someone to tell me what I'm doing wrong, or if there is actually ANYONE who has gotten GBA games to play on a MicroSD Supercard Lite Black Rumble. Or any Supercard Lite for that matter.

Will be looking forward to a response, thankyou.
  2. Hanafuda

Member Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Hate to give you that sinking feeling, but the SupercardLite Rumble does not support GBA. That was pretty much the whole point of the thing, and why it was so much cheaper than the Supercard Lite. GBA games require very high memory access speeds, which means the GBA game is transferred from the SD/miniSD/microSD card that you insert into the Supercard to a RAM chip on the Supercard's circuit board.

NDS games do not require the high memory access speeds, so they can run directly from the SD card.

The SupercardLite Rumble does not have the RAM on the circuit board, which dramatically lowered the price, while only giving up GBA support. For some GBA is everything, and others don't care if they ever play another GBA game. So for some people, an NDS only Supercard was a good idea.

M3 has done the same thing with the M3LitePro, and EZ has done the same thing with the EZ4LiteCompact.

sorry. the regular SupercardLite plays GBA, but if GBA was a very important part of why you bought a flashcart, I'd recommend getting a regular M3Lite (but not the "Pro" model).
  3. yee

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Jul 9, 2006
    Well, the EZ4Lite Compact can actually play GBA games now.

But due to the slow read speeds, it's not worth playing any IMO.