Hacking Supercard FW Update: Data Verify Error?? WTF?

j_mcc99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
K, so when I try to apply the SCSD patch (UPGRADE.scu) it immediatly says:

Data Verify Error
Please turn off the GBA

?? Can somebody please tell me what this means? I've got an original DS, Supercard SD and the last FW released (think it was 1.62). Thanks!!

edit: I should note that I've tried the update file (extracted from the archive setupSDV255en.rar) from both eng.supercard.cn as well as supercard.tk and they both have the same result.

j_mcc99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do I know which mode I am in? I'm not 100% on how to switch modes...

K, I realised what you meant by gba mode and I have tried both ways. Booting straight to Supercard DS Mode (both screens active) and I get the data verify error. I then booted to my original DS screen... selected GBA, launched Supercard... tried the update... and once again got the same data verify error.

Man... I'm confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've never had a problem with my SCSD before and all games work fine (cept the ones that require the new FW that is).

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To go into GBA mode, (if you have flashme) just hold select on powering up the DS. If you use a passme device, remove it. Basically, launch the supercard as if it were a GBA game.

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
You could possibly have a fake SuperCard. It sounds a bit dodgy to me that you're getting Data Verify Error when no one else is.
Check the pictures of what the fakes look like at http://eng.supercard.cn/

And you shouldn't need to update in gba mode anyway, if you have the UPGRADE.scu on the root of the sd then as soon as you turn on the ds it should automatically say firmware detected. 1.62 do you wish to upgrade to 1.63.

j_mcc99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
K, tried it once again (just to be sure) and booting to GBA mode and trying to apply the update does not work. My current version is 1.61... trying to update to 1.63 (so says the update screen).

Any help is apprecited... also has anybody else witnessed this "Data Verify Error" before?

Mastershredder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd wait on the firmware update if I were you. Me and a few other people have had it brick their supercard miniSD. There are a lot of lucky people out there that have had it flash fine, but i'm one of the unlucky ones who now has a little purple paperweight. Just wait to see if the supercard team releases anything within the next few days before you try again.

j_mcc99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, I can guarantee that I have an original Supercard (thank gawd).

HOWEVER, I do not have v1.62 like I said above... I have 1.61. I'm guessing that I need to update to 1.62 before updating to 1.63?

j_mcc99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd wait on the firmware update if I were you. Me and a few other people have had it brick their supercard miniSD. There are a lot of lucky people out there that have had it flash fine, but i'm one of the unlucky ones who now has a little purple paperweight. Just wait to see if the supercard team releases anything within the next few days before you try again.

Frig off, seriously? Man... I haven't read anything about that yet on any of the boards... suppose the update only came out today... but DAMNNNnn... real sorry to hear that. Thankfully they're not all that expensive... but still....

j_mcc99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hrmm... Supercard.cn apparently updated their software page and are only hosting the latest supercard software and firmware. Anybody have a mirror to firmware 1.62 for SCSD?

j_mcc99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

WOrked!!

Thanks everyone for the help! Just gonna quickly verify that Starfox will run.... and the verdict is..... BINGO!

Thanks again all. Appreciated the help! Happy gaming. =)

lanik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I´ve had the same problem, when i´ve tried to update my SuperCard from version 1.62 to version 1.63.

If i try to put the version 1.62 the screen keeps in white and nothing happens.

¿Can you help me?

Mastershredder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All these brand new members who can't upgrade the firmware ?

I'm not exactly new... I just never usually post in forums. I only read. If I do post, its to help out people or ask questions. Copying a file to a card and pressing the start button isn't the problem.. But when it craps out, there's nothing you can really do about it.

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Right by you're name it say 10 posts, I have read about that number from you today!

maybe you have a fake Supercard, as the the upgrade note specifically said it would fail on non-legit SC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1