Hacking Supercard DSTWO Plus seems more like a "variation"of gateway 3ds flashcart

Kayleea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The moment I got my Supercard DSTWO Plus, I began to do various testing on it to verify its "super ability". Firstly, I tried to use it to play 3ds roms on my 3ds console.
I was frustrated at first since my several attempts all came to be failed.
So why ???
Naturally I searched a lot on the internet in the hope of finding some answers.
Finally I saw a video display as below saying that "you must put Gateway 3ds 'Launcher.dat' into the SD card!!!!! "

What a timely and yet soooo funny/comical answer !!
By operating it in person, it's not difficult to find that apart from the card itself DSTWO Plus is more like the variation of gateway 3ds.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry to dissapoint you but everyone knew it was going to be no more than a "Gateway clone + DStwo in one" from a long time ago.

It seems like you were just not informed...

Reactions: omegart

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Can I put .3ds roms into folders or not? Cause on the micro SD card, I have the _dstwoplug folder, dstwo folder, NDS folder, tempGBA folder,...
A 3DS folder would be nice but I think GW multirom can only see roms at root

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice advertising account. I see you with that nice 1 post count. I doubt you're incapable of using a CFW to get that same functionality for free.

Considering the dstwo processor is faster than the o3dses, you're right. They might be incapable.

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
From what I read in the site, the DStwo+ has gateway "emulation" and unlike gateway runs on the most recent firmware with reprogrammable firmware.
This together with the cheats/slowmotion 3DS option as well as support for SNES and GBA roms at a cheaper price than the Sky3DS.
Time will tell however, It should be in most online retailers this week and I don't think it supports the New 3DS just yet

koim

Trophies
XP
Country
France
From what I read in the site, the DStwo+ has gateway "emulation" and unlike gateway runs on the most recent firmware with reprogrammable firmware.
This together with the cheats/slowmotion 3DS option as well as support for SNES and GBA roms at a cheaper price than the Sky3DS.
Time will tell however, It should be in most online retailers this week and I don't think it supports the New 3DS just yet
most pages about dstwo+ are... misinformative to say the least.
just because you put gateway and dstwo on the same cart does not mean their functionnalities magically merge.
the support for >9.2 firmwares is for the ds mode ONLY.
cheats/slowmo are also ds mode only.
you WILL NOT have these with the gateway part.

JP317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Have we seen any proof of this, the last I saw the video that showed off the DSTwo+ was running 4.5 IIRC. If that was true then it would be something impressive but it's highly doubtful.

And the other stuff was mentioned above.

D

Deleted User

but if its 3ds compatibility is based on the GW, that means that it can't run on newer versions then 9.2 . (sad)

happyboy15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It will be better if sc team can make 3ds games hack on higher version just like sky3ds hardware cheat, but anyway, it's still the most powerful more in one flashcard so far.

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
Then I guess the site is not informative and false. This is exactly what is mentioned
"Using the Gateway plugin, we can emulate a Gateway flashcart. Why have two cards, when only ONE is enough? No region limitations, any game on any 3DS. And just like always, it's really easy to use"
Any game on ANY 3DS is indicating that it will work on all firmware revisions??

Reactions: Quantumcat

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Damn.
3DS and DS support in the same flashcart?
That, for me, is VERY tempting.

I hate having to switch carts all the time between Cubic Ninja, GW Blue Card and GW Red Card.
And since I already have IronFall in my 3DS...
Then the only remaining thing would be the DS cart. :P

One question though, is the DSTWO compatible with DSiWare converted to NDS?
I have my Four Swords Anniversary game backed up as NDS but I don't know if the DSTWO handles that.

D

Deleted User

Damn.
3DS and DS support in the same flashcart?
That, for me, is VERY tempting.

I hate having to switch carts all the time between Cubic Ninja, GW Blue Card and GW Red Card.
And since I already have IronFall in my 3DS...
Then the only remaining thing would be the DS cart. :P

One question though, is the DSTWO compatible with DSiWare converted to NDS?
I have my Four Swords Anniversary game backed up as NDS but I don't know if the DSTWO handles that.
I think that it only works with versions 9.2>

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I know that, I'm on a N3DS with 9.0U, so that's not an issue for me. :P
Mainly I want to know if the DSiWare converted to NDS is compatible with DSi enhanced carts like DSTWO.

DSTwo isn't DSi enhanced, Cyclo DSi was the only DSi enhanced flash cart out there

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...