Supercard dstwo plus or Gateway Blue Card

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by noX1609, Feb 1, 2017.

1. noX1609
    OP

noX1609 B9S freak ;)

Aug 30, 2016
    Germany
    Hi @All,

i have a question: What is besser on 11.2 with a9lh running on Sysnand?
    The Supercard dstwo plus has extra ram and can play GBA, nds and SNES but as i have read it can drain the battery quicker.

Because i already use the redcard Gateway for ingame Cheat on o3DS and n3DS (i know on the new one NTR would work with nearly all cheats but i like the menu of the Gateway and because i have to use it on o3ds for ex. Pokemon Sun and Moon i dont have to update two systems and i also exchange the savegame between the two.

But whats now better for Playing NDS Games becuase there you need a Flashcard, doesn't work without. Or does it nowadays work without one?

One fakt is thebGateway Bluecard is cheaper but if the other is significantly better then i choose the oter one.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

2. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    I have several questions, but they probably won't help you. You kinda get what yot pay for. If you can get your hands on a DSTWO (non plus) or Plus, that would be a great option, but if you are looking for SNES and GBA stuff, you can install AGB_FIRM and play them native on the DS hardware. I am curious how you got a GW Red card without getting a Blue card. Either works, really.

3. noX1609
    OP

noX1609 B9S freak ;)

Aug 30, 2016
    Germany
    Thanks for your quick answer. Then i choose the Supercard dstwo plus. A friend of mine has 2 of this card and would sell me one ;) The two red Gateway card are also from somebody out of another Forum. Became them to a really good price. One of them was used for about 1 Month the other was never touched. He couldn't fibd the Bluecard any more so have me them so cheap. Payed arround 70€ for both card together. Think this is a good price, normally one Blue and 1 red are more expensive. And they are no fakes, both are valid cards.

4. StarTrekVoyager

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    But... Why pay so much for a SC DS2+ while you can grab an R4i Gold 3DS RTS or an R4i SDHC 3DS RTS for ~15 bucks?

Kyubnyan likes this.
  5. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    do u have a link to the cia ur talking about (AGB_FIRM cia)?

6. StarTrekVoyager

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    AGB_FIRM is not a CIA, it's already present on the 3DS. If you have a CFW running on SysNAND (and only SysNAND), you can do GBA VC injects.

7. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    but it's mentioned that u must install something to use it natively unless that's the vc injects themselves.

8. StarTrekVoyager

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    I think you don't install anything on the 3DS itself, you do the injects on the PC and then you put the CIAs on your SD card...

9. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    In my experience, the build quality of the Gateway Blue Card is higher than the DSTWO. Because of the CPU, the DSTWO is harder to insert and remove. This wears it out so that it's basically unusable. My first DSTWO wore out and stopped working. My second DSTWO is on its last legs and is only recognized by the console some of the time. Meanwhile, my Gateway Blue Card is the most reliable NDS flashcart I have, even more so than my R4i Gold RTS (which has a weird build defect where I have to push the cart much further into the cartridge slot than normal for it to click into place).

Also, because you have a hacked 3DS, the extra benefits of the DSTWO aren't as significant, so why pay extra?

10. StarTrekVoyager

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    @UniqueGeek Yeah, but the blue Gateway card is only a clone/rebranded Ace3DS+ or InfinityDS with a proprietary non-updateable FW (so no YSMenu, no TWLoader/NDSForwarder compatibility)

Last edited by StarTrekVoyager, Feb 1, 2017
  11. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    Funny how I like my rebranded clone more than a unique product. I guess it shows how much I dislike its build quality. Also, because of 3DS hacks, firmware updating isn't that important.

I tried using forwarding with my R4i Gold RTS, but due to how hard it is to insert, it's easier to just enter the Wood R4 menu on my GW blue card.