Supercard DSTwo playing gba pokemon hacks?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by DaRk_AnGeL_ZoA, Jan 22, 2012.

Jan 22, 2012
  1. DaRk_AnGeL_ZoA
    OP

Newcomer DaRk_AnGeL_ZoA Member

United Kingdom
    Hi I'm planning to get a supercard dstwo for a ds lite i just won on ebay, as I already own a 3ds and an Acekard 2i but I can't play gba games T_T but anyway enough with my off-topic rant

I would just like to know if it's possible to play gba pokemon rom hacks obviously using NDS-GBA I know simple rom hacks like shiny gold work (simple but awesome btw) but I was wondering about more complex hacks that use ASM hacking like pokemon light platinum, Pokemon Crono and Pokemon Dark cry: Legend of Giratina
    - Pokemon Crono requires that you change the save type in vba to run from 64k to 128k
    - Pokemon Dark Cry uses day and night which uses the rtc feature in ruby

Well if anyone has got a supercard dstwo and some spare time and space on their micro sd card wouldn't mind trying them out for me that would be really helpful and I would really appreciate it but I'll be grateful to any replies

Well many thanks to anyone that replies..............I hope someone does T_T

2. GooeyGungan

Newcomer GooeyGungan Newbie

United States
    I'd also like to know this. I have a DSTwo, but I wouldn't know how to try to see if it works. Though, I suppose you could just make a copy of the ROM, patch that, and play it like a normal GBA game, right?

Thanks to anyone who has any answers!

3. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    I know most, if not all, of the hacks that I have tried worked (not extensive testing, but a little bit). As for the RTC...SC Team says they support it for pokemon...so it should probably work fine :/.

Patching is the same as you would for a GBA flashcart, just patch the game and then run it.

4. Saturosias

Member Saturosias Sakura-sō Resident

United States
    I've been trying to get games like Pokémon Snakewood, Light Platinum, Ruby Destiny, etc. to run, but they freeze on the title screen music and just reload. Are there certain settings I should be using? It might just be that the ROM #'s are different than those in the game_config.txt file, as I have had no trouble getting Flora Sky and Thunder Emblem to work.