Hacking Supercard DSTWO: General Discussion & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Everyone - I have a question about changing the screen brightness / backlight on a DSi XL. If I selected a different brightness from the Menu (press Start - - System Settings - Brightness) it changes the setting on the Menu BUT the screen stays the same brightness.

If I press "R" nothing happens and using the BackLight Cheats also do nothing. Also in the in Game Menu clicking the bottom right corner does nothing

However, the exact same card placed in a DS Lite and everything works perfectly (excluding the Backlight Cheat Code - but that works fine with the R% Ultra in the DS Lite)

I have also used an R4 Ultra on the DSi XL and its backlight changing feature only works with the DS Lite and not the DSi XL.

Do we not have access to change backlight settings on DSi XL except from the DSi System Settings themselves?

EDIT: Forget this - found the answer. For a DSi XL you can just press and hold Select and then press Up / Down to change the brightness. (Not card based - I simply did not know this was built into the DSi XL)

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem playing a movie(Toy Story 3) on iPlayer v1.1. It runs smoothly and all, but the voices are really low-pitched. Really, really low pitched. How can I solve this? I played some other movies and they run perfectly without this issue...
Thanks for your help.

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MigueelDnd said:
I have a problem playing a movie(Toy Story 3) on iPlayer v1.1. It runs smoothly and all, but the voices are really low-pitched. Really, really low pitched. How can I solve this? I played some other movies and they run perfectly without this issue...
Thanks for your help.

convert the movie and fix it

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i ordered a GBAtemp LE SCDS2 and expect to get it sometimes soon now before i get it i would like to see exactly what i have to do to set it up.

Now i also ordered a class 10 4GB micro SD (which i was gonna format with the Panasonic formatter) is there anything else i should know of?

next up i want to set up the MSD for basically NDS and GBA game play what files do i need and were can i get them?

,and if anyone has any tips,tricks or recommendations feel free to post them im new to SCDS2 (though i have had an AK2i for awile )

Chubbo1793

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has already been asked, but what are the differences between simple hotkey and full hotkey?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Chubbo1793 said:
Sorry if this has already been asked, but what are the differences between simple hotkey and full hotkey?Taken from DSTwo site (but edited to 'better english')
QUOTE'Full hotkey mode' is the same as the in-game hotkey mode as before, but in-game menu does not work with some very special games (like Mario RPG 3) before, so we have added a 'Simply hotkey' mode.
You can enter in-game menu by 'Simply hotkey' mode but the Real-Time-Save & Real-Time-Load dont work while other functions do.
Basically it's a mode to use for those 'special games' that crash if you try using the 'Full' hotkey mode

lifeasbirds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
MigueelDnd said:
Before everything else, Merry Christmas, everyone!
And, I wanted to ask: ¿How do you put the Walkthroughs or Game Guides for DS games? It's a really useful feature that I don't know how to use...
And also, I want to play GBA Kirby (not the mirror one) but I saw that it needs special settings, can anyone tell me what do I need and what version of the emulator do I need? And also, where to put the files? Thanks a lot.You'll find how to do them in the DSTwo FAQ thread under the 'Complete Real Time Guide Creation Guide by Windaga' spoiler

QUOTEthis may seem like a dumb question but for every plugin i have on the initial dstwo menu there is another icon that says the name of the plugin with an underscore before it. is there anyway to remove these?

the same thing actually happens with every gba and snes rom.
I'm not sure - never seen this myself - but IIRC there was some problem with 'duplicates' or non-working shortcuts when using a MAC (I think)

Oh - while typing this out I found a post on Supercard Forum which MIGHT be related to your problem.(I was right it WAS something to do with a MAC PC) If you ARE using a MAC you can find it here - see post 5 for a possible solution

and with a single post i have a new favorite gbatemp user

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
lifeasbirds said:
and with a single post i have a new favorite gbatemp user
who_me-300x294.jpg

Chubbo1793

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't gotten my SuperCard yet, but before I do, I want to know:

Does BAGSFC r3 and/or NDSGBA read .zip roms or do they have to be unzipped? I just want to know because I don't know if I have to get a bigger mSD or not.

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys. Well i've just gotten the dstwo and i've gotta say it's really living up to expectations so far. There is one thing however i've noticed with it, on many games, i experience a slowdown on framerate. I've "updated" the dstwo to the latest version (1.8 as of now) but still am experiencing this. In games like castlevania dawn of sorrow for instance if there's too much action going on it'll slow down for two or three seconds. I've had other flashcarts and didn't experience anything of the sort at that time. What could be the problem?

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Digeman said:
Hey guys. Well i've just gotten the dstwo and i've gotta say it's really living up to expectations so far. There is one thing however i've noticed with it, on many games, i experience a slowdown on framerate. I've "updated" the dstwo to the latest version (1.8 as of now) but still am experiencing this. In games like castlevania dawn of sorrow for instance if there's too much action going on it'll slow down for two or three seconds. I've had other flashcarts and didn't experience anything of the sort at that time. What could be the problem?
Are you playing them on Clean mode? In GS:DD, at first only Clean worked and it was pretty laggy. Once the new EOS version came out that fixed that game, I switched to Patch mode and got a perfect framerate. If you're using Clean, switch to Patch.

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
As of now i'm just putting games into the memory as they are. So i don't know if that is clean mode or not. xD

Chubbo1793

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Digeman said:
As of now i'm just putting games into the memory as they are. So i don't know if that is clean mode or not. xD
Press X to before loading a game to see what mode it's in. You can switch it to clean or patched.

For my question, do BAGSFC r3 and/or NDSGBA read .zip roms or do they have to be unzipped?

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah cheers man. It seems as if all games are in patch mode, should i try clean mode for better framerate?

Edit: Oh forgot to mention that the intro movie on castlevania dawn of sorrow is laggin (which i thought was a long extinct problem?) and also while playing the latest dragon quest: sentinels of a starry sky i got the same lagg while watching some movie from there.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kingofgamesgx said:
Ok i ordered a GBAtemp LE SCDS2 and expect to get it sometimes soon now before i get it i would like to see exactly what i have to do to set it up.

Now i also ordered a class 10 4GB micro SD (which i was gonna format with the Panasonic formatter) is there anything else i should know of?

next up i want to set up the MSD for basically NDS and GBA game play what files do i need and were can i get them?

,and if anyone has any tips,tricks or recommendations feel free to post them im new to SCDS2 (though i have had an AK2i for awile )
just the official package will have everything you need, make sure to get game_config.txt also, and use it with v1.21 of NDSGBA

QUOTE(Chubbo1793 @ Jan 2 2011, 12:11 PM) I haven't gotten my SuperCard yet, but before I do, I want to know:

Does BAGSFC r3 and/or NDSGBA read .zip roms or do they have to be unzipped? I just want to know because I don't know if I have to get a bigger mSD or not.
i know ndsgba supports .zip roms, but i'm not sure about bagsfc, i'm willing to bet it does too

goncalodoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Terminator02 said:
kingofgamesgx said:

just the official package will have everything you need, make sure to get game_config.txt also, and use it with v1.21 of NDSGBA

QUOTE(Chubbo1793 @ Jan 2 2011, 12:11 PM) I haven't gotten my SuperCard yet, but before I do, I want to know:

i know ndsgba supports .zip roms, but i'm not sure about bagsfc, i'm willing to bet it does too
BAGSFC r3 supports .ZIP files

R.Harrell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok hey everyone, so I just got my Limited Edition GBAtemp DSTWO in the mail yesterday and I am still learning about flash carts for the most part but there is one thing I am confused about. Ok so I know the cart has real time save, but why cant I use the in game save feature. For example I was playing Bleach 3rd phantom and I did a in game save and then reset my DSI and tried to load the game I saved and it was gone. The ony kind of saving I can do is the real time save. Not that I have a problem with RTS, I am just curious. Also I was hoping I could birng a .sav file from my comp over the my DSI using this flash cart, but that didnt work either so I had to start my game over on my DSI. I was hoping since I played Bleach the 3rd phantom on my No$GBA and I was pretty far into the game. So thinking I knew what I was doing I opened the file location of the Emulator and found the .sav files for all the games I played on that Emulator. So what I did was copy those files and put them in the DS ROM folder I made for the Flash cart on the mircoSD card. Then you guys know the rest, pop in the SD card into the flash cart and tried to load the game, hoping I could start where I left off on my DSI. Now I dont know if I did it right, and also do I have to put .sav files in a certain spot so that I will be able to load them when I start the game using the flash cart? Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks everyone!

R.Harrell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ok cool, so what this actual address for shuny web? I tried to go to Shunyweb.com but that didnt work. Or is it Shunyweb.net? Also how about the "in game save feature" how come the DSTWO doesnt not save the files, when I return to the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [louder cricket sounds]