XP
Country
United States
Ron457x2 said:
machomuu said:
Ron457x2 said:
BUMP
rolleyes.gif

I guess its not playable if nobody is willing to answer.
glare.gif

EDIT: Before you say google it, I did, no luck finding this game in the compatibility list.
http://tinyurl.com/439zefz

Sometimes the search can't be so bland, be creative.
I didn't google that cleary, thanks for putting up with my nonsense machomuu
toot.gif
No problem. Also, I didn't mean to sound rude. I just meant that sometimes your searches must have a little pizzazz to get what you're looking for,

borka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Does anybody know, if there is a way to transfer NDSGBA saves to EZ 3-in-1 and back?

EZ (and VBA too) seems to be unable to open NDSGBA saves. I looked into the hex, they are quite similar, there is no additional headers in NDSGBA and like, but they do differ somehow.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, the saves are the same, ive used them interchangably, just make sure you put the saves in the gamerts folder when using ndsgba

And the emulator is pretty much done, just check the beginners guide under gba emulation questions for how to set it up for best compatibility

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
OK so v 1.21 is better than the 1.3 im running? Well the compatibility list still shows that the 3 GT games, Gadget racer and Shining Soul 2 wont work....I really like those games...

I guess ill give version 1.21 a try instead of 1.3 and I dont remember if I already have the gameconfig file so ill download again just in case.

borka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Terminator02

To the NDSGBA - yes, usually saves both from VBA and EZ3in1 work. But not 100%, for example for Castelvania-Moon I had to do something like "copy /b save+save save" (32K+32K -> 64K) to open in the emulator.

But the other way... At least I was not able to open any NDSGBA save in the VBA. (Haven't tested it with the real EZ3in1 though).

P.S. Tested with the Rudolph's loader - all is Ok. I believe, the problems were with the EZ5's own loader...

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
One feature which is missing is a scaling option to play GBA games in fullscreen mode (also if the gba-screen will be a little bit stretched and compressed) .
That would be very sweet.
To be honest I don't like the black border.

LuIgI tHe SaTuRn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing Golden Sun 2 would have the same issues as GS1? Has anyone tested it?

Also, would anyone mind testing Mother 3? I've heard it's working in the Temp review, but I'd like some confirmation on any issues it might have.

Played MOTHER 3, works with no issues whatsoever. As smooth as a VBA-M.

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know if the NDSGBA emulator on the DSTWO will cause any screen burnin on a DSi XL?

I'm curious because this emulator does not run in full screen, so there is a black border around it.

The emulator has a native resolution smaller than the dsixl screen
The dsi XL is only drawing an image size 240 × 160 (gameboy advance resolution) on its screen (DSi XL screen is 256 × 192)

So is it drawing rgb(0,0,0);
or is it leaving it blank?

I don't think it can just leave it blank, can it? Now I'm not sure.

Anyway I'm worried about burn in as a relust of playing GBA games for hours on end with that black border.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
-_-" This seems so familiar...I swear I answered something like this just yesterday...oh wait. I did.
For the record I have fallen asleep with games on and unmoving for hours on end until the console ran out of power. That's about 6-8 hours of nonstop colorful fun on the screen that doesn't do shit. When I wake up and see my DS dead, I don't see any residual anything. Unless you are willing to say that you are both nuts and willing to play a gameboy advance game for more than 8 hours in one sitting, nonstop, then no, nothing is going to fucking happen.

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
-_-" you are both nuts and willing to play a gameboy advance game for more than 8 hours in one sitting, nonstop, then no, nothing is going to fucking happen.

Lol, good catch. Using the same avatar/profilePicture on here and the supercard forms probably was a dead giveaway. Yah they're both me.

BUT, and a huge BUTTTTTTTTT, make that a bitter BUT than YO' Mamma has! I do play pokemon for more than 8 hours in one sitting.

Several times I have flown from my parents house on the east cost of the USA to Auz, to go back to work after a holiday or something and it sucks...

Considerably worse than flying from the west cost of Canada. It's about 8+ more hours of travel, airports, and "take your shoes off and laptops out of the bag, and explaining to TSA that my Camera's film can't go through the xRay machine because it's ISO is too high. The old TSA agents know right away what I'm on about and give me no hassle. Sometimes the TSA agent is a kid and I have to tell them what film is :P

Anyway none of that is important other than where I started with this big but (or butt), but that doesn't matter because like I said Yo' mamma's butt is big enough to get all of this tattoed on it.

So sometimes if it's a short flight for me; West coast Canada to Auz, 14 - 16hrs; if it's a medium flight, east cost US to Auz, 23hrs total; if it's a long flight, Manchester UK to Auz. I don't even want to do the long flight again... it was torture, I don't remember exactly but it was like 28 hours.

AND YES!!! A bigger YES, I play pokemon the entire time I'm not dealing with security. The way I am able to do this, I own 15 GBA SP batteries and 15 Nintendo DS batteries. My battery covers are held on with tape due to the number of screw drives TSA has confiscated.

So thanks for your answers. I'm surprised to see you both here and on the Super Card forms but then again so am I so I should not be so surprised, lol.

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
See now I am also curious... is the emulator leaving that space blank or is it drawing black?

From a technical perspective I'm wondering if the software allow the screen to be blank or does it have to draw black to give the appreance of blank space?

Thanks again

D

Deleted-236924

It has no choice but to draw it as "black."
If it left it blank, it would be the same greenish tint that you can see when the system is turned off.

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It has no choice but to draw it as "black."
If it left it blank, it would be the same greenish tint that you can see when the system is turned off.

It is interesting how an LCD display works. Is the greenish tint you are talking about the trick you can do to it to get it to reveal the firmware, or does that only work on the ds phat and lite?

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Heyoo. Been enjoying the GBA emulator, but finding myself frustrated that it doesn't seem to do things just right. My two favorite games, Advance Wars and Pokemon Pinball, both seem to run okay. But both have pretty serious problems with emulation, like some of the layers being in the wrong order so you miss out on the story in Advance Wars and you can see things you weren't supposed to on the Pokémon Pinball table. And there's no sign of any updates being done in the future. Why make a flashcard so close perfect, if you aren't going update the faults on some of the best selling slot-2 games it's meant to emulate? Does anyone know how to fix these problems, or is this just it for the DSTWO, it will never emulate these popular games properly?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heyoo. Been enjoying the GBA emulator, but finding myself frustrated that it doesn't seem to do things just right. My two favorite games, Advance Wars and Pokemon Pinball, both seem to run okay. But both have pretty serious problems with emulation, like some of the layers being in the wrong order so you miss out on the story in Advance Wars and you can see things you weren't supposed to on the Pokémon Pinball table. And there's no sign of any updates being done in the future. Why make a flashcard so close perfect, if you aren't going update the faults on some of the best selling slot-2 games it's meant to emulate? Does anyone know how to fix these problems, or is this just it for the DSTWO, it will never emulate these popular games properly?
Are you using v1.21 with game_config.txt?

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you using v1.21 with game_config.txt?

Yeah. I also tested both of these games with version 1.3, but it's no different. They look great on the DSi XL screen though, the giant pixels give the games a cool retro look. They just don't seem to emulate very well. It's like the games are falling apart with the layers appearing out of order mostly, with scrambled graphics and slowdown problems for other games.

Even some original Gameboy games have problems with lameboy, with games like Road Rash just not loading into the game at all. The DSi XL is the most ideal console to emulate these on, as the pixels are only slightly bigger than the original Gameboy's (which is very hard to find in displays these days), but some games just don't work. It's kind of infuriating after how excited I got about having all of these handhelds on this cool XL screen. Many of the games just seem broken :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi