Hacking Supercard DSTWO 'Error has occured' Beta 1.19 (?)

irondoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I just got a new supercard dstwo from RealHotStuff. I put on the latest EOS and firmware upgrade and popped it into my 3DSXL and it worked great.

Now today, I go to use it and everytime I get :
'Error has occured, Hold power to turn of your system, etc."
When I try to launch the DSTWO. (So 3DSXL starts fine, I see the alex rider icon and everything. I just get this error when I click on the icon to start the DSTWO EOS.)

So I put new firmware on the microSD again, and pop it back in and again it updates and runs fine!

Then I Turn off the 3DS, turn it back on and now I get this 'Error has occrured' message again when I click on Alex Rider.

So I turn off system, put the firmware update on MicroSD and again it updates and starts fine!!

WTF!?

I thought it would only update if the Supercard DSTWO did not have the latest firmware. But EACH TIME I want to use Supercard DSTWO I must drop on the latest firmware and then I get this message when I launch the alex rider icon:

Update System
Beta 1.19 - 1.19

[I click OK]

Please wait moment.

[Wait for 0%--->100%]

Then EOS loads and I can use the Supercard DSTWO.

But anytime I go back to homescreen or turn off the 3DSXL, I get this error has occured message again until I drop the darn firmware update on the microSD again.

WTF!?

(oh yeah my 3DS is firmware version 4.4.0, not upgrading until I get this supercard thing straightened out).

irondoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Root:

rooto.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img835/1370/rooto.png

_dstwo:
dstwofolder.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img267/8033/dstwofolder.png

irondoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did this. I was able to go to home screen and back to EOS without the error. Then I power cycled the 3DS and when I clicked on the DSTWO icon, I again got the error message. Then I tried once more and it worked. So 2 for 3 is an improvement. Though I did get the error message once. I will try some more over the next day or two and see if it continues.

smoke14me61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having the exact same problem. I am showing the same numbers on system1 and system11 on my sd card as the post above. I tried Rydians advice and out of the 5 times I powered up 4 times "An error has occurred" shows up. If I power the 3DS XL down and then back up no card shows up on the menu. I have to power down, remove the DSTWO, reinsert, power up, and theres the Alex Rider Stormbreaker card. I downloaded the EOS from the offical site and the numbers for system1 and system11 are exactly like they are on my card. System1.dat = 1,943KB and System 11.dat = 1200KB. My card worked fine for a couple of weeks then the error screen started intermittently and now all the time. I originally bought a card from nds-card.com and my 3DS XL would not recognize the card at all. I bought this one from Real Hot Stuff and it recognizes the card but I get the error screen. But the card works fine in my DSi XL. Aaaaargh!!!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
a lot of people have been complaining about the ds2, and the more i read up on the issue it seems 99% of them are contact issue related. ie, it works in one system but not another, etc. does anyone know what those 2 files are, what would cause them to be written, and what task they perform? it is possible they are being written on power-up, and a simple contact issue is causing a problem.

-another world

smoke14me61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a lot of people have been complaining about the ds2, and the more i read up on the issue it seems 99% of them are contact issue related. ie, it works in one system but not another, etc. does anyone know what those 2 files are, what would cause them to be written, and what task they perform? it is possible they are being written on power-up, and a simple contact issue is causing a problem.

-another world

-another world

Looks like I fixed the problem with at least one of my cards. The one I bought from Real Hot Stuff. This was the one where I would get the "Error has occurred" screen. I found a post from jay24k where he used 2 pieces of blue painters taped and put it under the contacts. Its not real hard to do and I did not take the whole card apart. Just removed the screw and raised the board up enough to insert the painters tape. So far after about 15 power ups the card loads fine. Now if I exit the DSTWO card and return to the main menu of the 3DS XL the card no longer shows its there but if I power down and back up there is the Alex Rider Stormbreaker cart and the DSTWO loads fine. This fix however did not work on my other card that I had bought from nds-card.com. I will try adding another piece of tape to see if I can get it to work. Just search the name jay24k and you will find the post. Anyone know if its OK to do a hotswap of the DSTWO card?

irondoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi just to give an update. Been a few days now and I have consistent results. I did not have to do smoke14me61's described modification, I just replace the files like Rydian described. (Maybe smoke14me61 was having my issue + contact issues, and I was just having the firmware/EOS issues). I say this because now my card works very similar to what smoke14me61 describes.

I must power down and back up the 3DS each time I want to use the DSTWO (if I exit to home screen). I don't know why I must do the power cycle, I do not remove or do anything with the DSTWO at all, just power cycle the 3DS and it works until I go back to home screen.

If I use the DSTWO, go back to home screen and try to launch DSTWO again without power cycling , I get an error has occured. This is where it seems a little different from what smoke14me61 describes, cause he says he no longer sees the Alex Ryder icon. I can still see it, but if I click on it without power cycle, I get "an error has occured". But if I power cycle it, I can get into DSTWO EOS no problem. This has been consistent behavior over the last few days using the card a few times a day.

So maybe it is still not ideal, but at least I can use the card reliably now.

smoke14me61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have noticed that when I go back to the main menu and I no longer see the Alex Rider card I don't power down. I just remove the DSTWO and stick it back in and there's Alex and I boot into the DSTWO fine. I wonder if that is safe. I've read that doing a hot swap on the 3DS is ok. Those 2 files you replaced were they the same size as the ones you had on your card originally or were they a different size? I tried that and the ones I replaced them with said they were they exact same size.

irondoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine were different, the screenshots up there show what it was originally. I dled the newest EOS from supercard site and those two files were different sizes.

smoke14me61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I did too and they are the exact same size. I don't get it. What size are the one's you downloaded? I'm using Windows 8. Wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality