Supercard DSTWO and RAM Expansion

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Arecaidian Fox, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Arecaidian Fox
    OP

Arecaidian Fox Pink Foxi

Sep 5, 2013
    United States
    Snohomish, WA
    Okay, I've been looking around for a couple of days, and can't seem to find much of an answer to this...well, anything at all, really. My question is if the DSTWO is compatible with the official Nintendo RAM expansion? The same expansion that comes packaged with the DS Lite web browser. More accurately, will DSTWO use it as extra RAM?

Apologies if I have posted this in the incorrect area.

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    For DSTwo-mode homebrew, no... but the DSTwo has ~32MB of RAM itself anyways it uses for it's own homebrew anyways.

As far as normal DS-mode stuff, should be the same compatibility as other carts.

3. Arecaidian Fox
    OP

Arecaidian Fox Pink Foxi

Sep 5, 2013
    United States
    Snohomish, WA
    Okay, this is probably a dumb question, then, but what mode do emulators typically run in? Specifically CATSFC.

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    NDSGBA and NDSSFC (and CATSFC and TempGBA) are pretty much the only emulators that are DSTWO-specific. But most emulators don't support the RAM pack anyway, I believe SnemulDS supports it but that's the only one I know of. DSx86/DS2x86 might support it, not sure.
    Is there a reason you would want additional RAM in an emulator? Most emulators on the DS don't need a whole lot of RAM.
    Based on the title I thought you wanted a way to use the DSTWO's RAM as a RAM expansion pack for the opera browser and similar. Which isn't possible at the moment, but I don't see why it wouldn't be achievable.

5. Arecaidian Fox
    OP

Arecaidian Fox Pink Foxi

Sep 5, 2013
    United States
    Snohomish, WA
    Lol, seems only Furs are posting here :P . As for why, well, who doesn't want to squeeze as much speed out of their device as possible? To tell the absolute truth, the DS Lite is, oddly enough, the only device I've ever managed to get both Star Fox and Star Fox 2 running on at a reasonable speed. I'm just trying to get better performance, even if it's only a small increase. I in no way expect to have them going full speed.