Hacking SuperCard DSOne SDHC Question - Newbie Needs Guidance

jeremysm1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Nintendo DS Lite along with the SuperCard DSOne SDHC card and a 4gb micro flash card in it. Most of the games work but I keep running into games that don't work for one reason or the other. For instance, the pressing issue is concerning Sonic & Sega's All Star Racing...when we select it, we just get a black screen and that's it.

Based on the readme.txt file I can see on the SDHC card it appears that I have an older OS running: SUPERCARD DSONE(SDHC) OS V3.0 SP4(0718) (0718)

Can anyone shed some light into what I should do in order to get this game to work with my current OS? Or, can you guide me towards the light and tell me what I'd need to do in order to get the DSOne upgraded to the latest/greatest version so it will play the game? I've read about the EOS upgrade but I don't really know if that pertains to me or if I should do that (and what benefits I'll get).

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
J

jeremysm1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I figured it out...after re-reading a reply to a post in the SuperCard forum. Most of it was that I lacked confidence to replace a mostly working SuperCard software with one that I knew little about. Anyway, here is what I did:

1. Backed up the entire SDHC flash media to my USB drive (just in case)
2. Deleted pretty much everything except the .NDS and .SAV files from the SDHC flash media
3. Copied the _dsone folder (and sub folders) and SCFW.SC to the root of the SDHC flash media card

Works like a champ! Thanks so much!
J

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey mate, not to annoy you or anything, but there's a sticky topic on top of the topics list in this section, it has everything about the DSONE and the EOS you need to know; if you ever encounter any further problems with your DSONE or the EOS, feel free to PM me or post in that topic!
smile.gif

jeremysm1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! As a newbie, I tend to get "afraid" of screwing up and "bricking" things like this--especially with this SuperCard since its for my 6-year old and I can only imagine 2-weeks of anguish while waiting for a new card to be delivered. LOL I guess my biggest concern was if my actual DS One SuperCard was a candidate for the EOS update or not. I would often see the DSIi mentioned even in the DS One sections so I got a bit afraid and needed confirmation before proceeding.

Thanks for the offer with the help going forward. I really appreciate it. Those stickies sometimes seem logical to those in the know, but are still pretty confusing and scary for those of us who come onboard once every 3-6 months.

J

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over